The best 6 minutes you will spend today.

93TNVol

It Wasn’t Me
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjEQfkx7TS8[/youtube]

The "Cheese" Travis Henry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Youre too quick for me today. Hqve a like.

Have one yourself. I refreshed and there it was right on top, and that was the first thing that popped in my mind when I read the title. :crazy:

Thanks for posting op, John Wards voice almost makes me cry.

That's the real reason for the decline. It has never been the same without him. Growing up with John Ward made us lucky. I miss everything about his gameday calls.

Reactions: 9 people
That's the real reason for the decline. It has never been the same without him. Growing up with John Ward made us lucky. I miss everything about his gameday calls.

He was able to describe the action as if he had seen a replay of the play before it even occurred. That Al Wilson run back of the blocked FG is a good example. Nothing ever caught him off guard.

Reactions: 3 people
Love it.. was sitting in the rain and by the end I was still dry. Cheese was NOT going to be denied.

Reactions: 2 people
Lot easier than the best 2 minutes I'll spend today. :)

To paraphrase the great Bernie Mac, 2 minutes is a long time, heavyweight round, and some people have been "knocked out" in 2 minutes.

I haven't been the one delivering any 2 minute "knock outs" though.

Reactions: 1 person
He was able to describe the action as if he had seen a replay of the play before it even occurred. That Al Wilson run back of the blocked FG is a good example. Nothing ever caught him off guard.

JW even made basketball exciting to listen to on radio. "BOTTOM!"

Reactions: 3 people
One of the most memorable games I ever attended that year. Oh, and the goal posts coming down after the win over Fla. was the other one.:rock:

So true...John and Bill Anderson were like family to us.
:rock:

Something of note. Those players had the intensity and gamesmanship etched into their expressions like I haven't seen in recent year's teams. Those were champions.

John had the unique talent making the listener feel as if they were watching the game live, one of the best ever.

Something of note. Those players had the intensity and gamesmanship etched into their expressions like I haven't seen in recent year's teams. Those were champions.

There was fire in their intensity. Those guys always seemed like a fine tuned machine, even in games we lost, I always felt like the game was stolen from us by a ref or some crazy fluke that we just didn't have an answer for. (see Champ Bailey) Maybe it was just my youthful enthusiasm that made it feel that way.

I've said for years, the decline started with changing the white goal posts pads with the wrong-colored orange ones.

I was there. The very top row of the nose bleed, in South West End Zone, eating a bag of peanuts. It was awesome. That's why you never leave until the clock hits 0's.

VN Store

Back