Predict the MCB outcome

Who and by how much?

• Total voters
They played worse as the season went on, and Tommy Armstrong is a terrible passer.

When I look at the points they scored against bad P5 defenses, they scored 35 against Oregon, 24 against Northwestern, 31 against Illinois, 27 against Indiana, 27 against Purdue, 24 against Minnesota, and 28 against Maryland. Averaged 28 points.

They'll score at least that much against ours.

They played worse as the season went on, and Tommy Armstrong is a terrible passer.

When I look at the points they scored against bad P5 defenses, they scored 35 against Oregon, 24 against Northwestern, 31 against Illinois, 27 against Indiana, 27 against Purdue, 24 against Minnesota, and 28 against Maryland. Averaged 28 points.

Doesn't matter, we'll score 50+/-.

Reactions: 1 person
Vols win. Butch seems to coach em up in bowl games. Nebraska is not the old Nebraska.

Just don't see it, based on lack of desire to win the last few weeks.They won't show up ready, just like every game this year.

Reactions: 3 people
Our offense will dominate their defense and their offense will dominate our defense. Slugfest. 48-41 pickem

Butch's bowl record pretty good here. I'll say vols by 14. 28-14

Butch's bowl record pretty good here. I'll say vols by 14. 28-14

The difference with this year's bowl game is that we are not entering into it with the program on an upswing. TaxSlayer Bowl was the first bowl berth in a few years, and Outback Bowl last year was the culmination of a strong finish to a season and first NYD bowl in a long time.

Music City Bowl is a shi**y bowl game that we are entering after a disappointing season. Butch has shown over and over again this year that he cannot get the team ready to play. I expect the game to be really close with lots of mistakes made by both teams. Weather could be bad and you never know what guys will be suspended for academic or other reasons in these bowl games.

47-42 pick em. Butch has a good record with bowl prep, but the team has not been ready all year. I don't see the defense being fixed in one month. Dobbs will have to carry us once more.

47-42 pick em. Butch has a good record with bowl prep, but the team has not been ready all year. I don't see the defense being fixed in one month. Dobbs will have to carry us once more.

I think Dobbs is going to get with his crew and put together a great farewell performance. They'll pull out all the stops.

Looking forward to some mad highlights.

Want to pick UT bad, but I dont see how they will magically find any DTs and the DBs will be bad as always

Reactions: 3 people
VOLS finally beat Nebraska in a bowl game is my prediction. Hope we show up and they all have the heart of Dobbs this game.

Vols win. But if I'm Butch and Co. I'm going to throw everything I have at Nebraska. I'd like them to show us that they can actually coach, develop a great game plan, and adjust throughout the game. No more being conservative, if we go up then run them into the ground. If they have a big performance then it'll build some momentum into the 2017 season and minimize some of the negativity. Plus help close out recruiting.

Also, I'd find anybody on our roster with a big body and try to coach them up and use them as a DL to at least plug the hole. If I'm Shoop, I slack off in the constant blitzs. I'd drop some LBs back in coverage time to time, fake the CB blitz, and focus on coverage and containing the edges. I'd stress making my defense manageable and bend but don't break. With the injuries, we don't have the players to be "relentless," constantly blitzing, and stuff. LBs cannot shed blocks, CBs cannot hold coverage, etc. Honestly he should just mix it up and try to throw Nebraska off their game plan.

I expect a big game from Dobbs, Kamara, and Sutton. Plus Barnett will break the record.

Like I said in another thread, despite all of Butch's many faults he does seem to get his guys ready for bowl games. Vols by 10+

He may be terrible passer but I'm afraid the dude runs for 200 yards.:banghead2:

Huskers in rout.

Knowing that the offense will stall a few times and the D can't stop 11 nuns right now it'll be disastrous.

48-21

You'll butch is fired more than rocky top.

Like I said in another thread, despite all of Butch's many faults he does seem to get his guys ready for bowl games. Vols by 10+

He had 2 wks to prep for SC and dropped the ball
He'll do the same here

And he's been actively shopping himself. What makes you believe he gives a damn about winning here?

Last edited:

Tennessee made the Vandy QB look like an all American
He will set records.

My prediction.

UT wins and fans are happy going into the off season. However (as predictable as the sun rising in the East) the cry babies will be upset that we won and say Neb sucks and this proves nothing and Fahr Butch.

That's the true sad reality.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back