Who Leaves Early and Who Will Be Drafted?

VolnJC

I think Kamara, Barnett, and Malone all go and will be drafted.

Of the seniors, I think Dobbs and Sutton will be drafted and JRM, Vereen, O'Brien, and Foreman will get FA looks.

Dobbs- wont go to the NFL. If he decides to go, 6-7th round or likely undrafted

Sutton- will go but because of his injury will depend on his combine. I suspect 3-4th round.

Kamara- 2nd round

JRM- undrafted

Barnett- top 5-10, first round lock

Malone- I dont think he goes. If he does, maybe 3-4th round.

Reactions: 8 people
Crossing my fingers that Butch leaves early but I'm probably going to be disappointed.

And here you go hijacking another thread that had nothing to do with coaches.

Your ip would have a nice little vacation if it was my site.

Back on "topic", I hope Kamara stays.

Reactions: 38 people

I would love to see him come back I'm really proud of him and want him to get paid...I wonder how many guys that transferred from other teams later became captains?

Reactions: 1 person

I think Malone stays. He broke out this year and I think the passing game has a chance to be better next season.

Dobbs goes and gets drafted in the 6-7th rounds, maybe better depending on Senior Bowl (if he gets an invite), pro day, and combine (if he gets an invite).

Sutton goes but probably becomes a 3-4th round draft pick.

Kamara goes and gets drafted a lot higher than some will think.

Barnett for sure and is a Top-10 pick.

JRM already declared and he'll be interesting bc of his injuries. Probably 3-4 round as well.

Malone I think goes and gets drafted higher than most will think bc of a relatively weak WR draft. If he goes to the combine or shows out at a pro day his stock could go even higher, especially with a good bowl game performance.

Reactions: 2 people
If Malone returns and has a solid senior campaign, he has the speed, size, and skill set to go in rounds 1-3 depending on other prospects and the combine.

Kamara would need a great combine to go second round. Third rounder. Barnett is First round but I think it's later than anyone thinks. Maybin ,he's going to need a very good combine or he's going real late. Tennessee is back to getting some guys drafted though so it's a sign things have gotten better from a talent standpoint.

Patiently waiting for D4H's input on this one...:popcorn:

Malone should stay IMO. He had a breakout year but NFL heads will want to see consistency. He had increased his numbers every year and another solid year will plant him well inside the top 3 rounds, IMHO

Dobbs- wont go to the NFL. If he decides to go, 6-7th round or likely undrafted

No chance. Dobbs will be drafted alot higher than that. Like Kippy Brown said he'll go 3rd-4th round. I personally wouldn't be surprised if a team fell in love with him and he went in the 2nd round.

Projected Draft Order

1. Derek Barnett (mid 1st round) - I think he falls some once the combine rolls around due to poor athletic testing.

2. Alvin Kamara (late 1st to early 2nd round) - He'll rise on the draft boards after testing well at the combine.

3. Cam Sutton (2nd round) - Hopefully he recovers well enough to be his old self at the senior bowl and combine. If that happens he could go as early as the late 1st round. However, 2nd round seems more likely.

4. Josh Dobbs (3rd to 4th round) - His stock could rise or fall dramatically based on how he performs in the all-star games, combine, and pro day. I think it rises which is why I have him going 3rd to 4th round. He could go as early as the 2nd round if a team falls in love with him which has been known to happen before in the draft with QBs.

5. Josh Malone (4th round) - Another guy whose stock could rise or fall based on the combine. If he runs a 4.3 40, which he is capable of, watch out his stock could rise dramatically.

Late Round to Undrafted: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Dylan Weisman, Corey Vereen, Malik Foreman, and Jason Croom. All five guys should get a look from NFL teams.

Reactions: 4 people
Patiently waiting for D4H's input on this one...:popcorn:

Malone should stay IMO. He had a breakout year but NFL heads will want to see consistency. He had increased his numbers every year and another solid year will plant him well inside the top 3 rounds, IMHO

I think Malone leaves. This years WR class is weak. And physically he's talented enough to dominate at the combine.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him run a 4.3 40 yard dash. And if he does that watch him shoot up the rankings.

Could go as high as the 3rd round.

my predictions:

DB- top half of first round

Sutton, kamara - rounds 3-4

JRM- rounds 6-7( think someone will draft him so they dont have to worry about him signing as a FA)

dobbs- rounds 5-7

wiesman, foreman, croom, vereen all get looks as FA. vereen or weisman i think have an outside chance of getting picked

think nobody declares early as well

I am gonna guess Barnett in the mid to late teens of 1st.

Sutton: 3rd round...injury hurt and its a deep CB class

Kamara: 2nd to 3rd round...guy is good in passing game

Maybin: 4th round,,,injury hurt him some

Dobbs 5th round....league is starved for QB

Malone...needs to stay in school

No chance. Dobbs will be drafted alot higher than that. Like Kippy Brown said he'll go 3rd-4th round. I personally wouldn't be surprised if a team fell in love with him and he went in the 2nd round.

Projected Draft Order

1. Derek Barnett (mid 1st round) - I think he falls some once the combine rolls around due to poor athletic testing.

2. Alvin Kamara (late 1st to early 2nd round) - He'll rise on the draft boards after testing well at the combine.

3. Cam Sutton (2nd round) - Hopefully he recovers well enough to be his old self at the senior bowl and combine. If that happens he could go as early as the late 1st round. However, 2nd round seems more likely.

4. Josh Dobbs (3rd to 4th round) - His stock could rise or fall dramatically based on how he performs in the all-star games, combine, and pro day. I think it rises which is why I have him going 3rd to 4th round. He could go as early as the 2nd round if a team falls in love with him which has been known to happen before in the draft with QBs.

5. Josh Malone (4th round) - Another guy whose stock could rise or fall based on the combine. If he runs a 4.3 40, which he is capable of, watch out his stock could rise dramatically.

Late Round to Undrafted: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Dylan Weisman, Corey Vereen, Malik Foreman, and Jason Croom. All five guys should get a look from NFL teams.

#4.....back and fill much?? What happened to Dobbs being a first round pick? So damned dishonest.....

I am gonna guess Barnett in the mid to late teens of 1st.

Sutton: 3rd round...injury hurt and its a deep CB class

Kamara: 2nd to 3rd round...guy is good in passing game

Maybin: 4th round,,,injury hurt him some

Dobbs 5th round....league is starved for QB

Malone...needs to stay in school

Agree with all that. Could see JRM slipping further though because of the injury and because he's a tweener.

I love JRM but I think his injuries are going to make teams back off and it will be like Tiny Richardson..he will get a look and a chance with FA

I think Kamara, Barnett, and Malone all go and will be drafted.

Of the seniors, I think Dobbs and Sutton will be drafted and JRM, Vereen, O'Brien, and Foreman will get FA looks.

I think Malone will return!

O Brien will not be on anyones roster. He has drug issues an no team that I know of would waste their time developing a player of above average talent and gamble on that.
Sutton will be drafted high and will make some team a good player.

Vereen will do well but will need time to transition to NFL.
JRM is too small and too injury prone. JRM has to be moved to Strong Safety or he won't make it in the NFL.
Foreman won't make it nor will Dobbs....

#4.....back and fill much?? What happened to Dobbs being a first round pick? So damned dishonest.....

Dobbs first round selection was contigent on us reaching the national title game.

I would still take him in the first round. But NFL teams are fickle. They always let great players fall in the draft cause they aren't very smart.

Dobbs first round selection was contigent on us reaching the national title game.

I would still take him in the first round. But NFL teams are fickle. They always let great players fall in the draft cause they aren't very smart.

I love Josh and am proud that he represents my university he will wow teams with his knowledge and interview skills but man watching the NFL and those throws that QBs have to make like threading a needle

Projected Draft Order

1. Derek Barnett (mid 1st round)

2. Alvin Kamara (late 3rd to early 5th round)

3. Cam Sutton (3rd-4th round)

4. Josh Dobbs (4th to 5th round) : Someone will get a steal. He is a smart QB and behind a good Oline he will be a good NFL QB/Backup. (Either way will make millions. More than an Aerospace engineer will ever make. Even with Phd those make 1/3rd of what Matt Simms is making now.)

5. Josh Malone (4th-6th round) - Another guy whose stock could rise or fall based on the combine.

6. Corey Vereen : 4th -6th round. SEC DE with lot of talent.

Late Round to FA: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Dylan Weisman, Malik Foreman, and Jason Croom. Of these JRM will play in NFL for sure.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back