UT to Music City Bowl vs Nebraska

wmcovol

Vols will be housed at Opryland and they are trying to find a practice place since Vandy is also in a bowl. I expect Father Ryan or MBA.

They will play Nebraska.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds reasonable. I hope UT fans man up and support our team. That would be a wonderful way to show recruits and our team that we can be counted on to support them thru thick and thin.

Reactions: 13 people
I just got an email from 247 saying that odds are strong for MCB

LSU, meanwhile, is headed to the Orlando-based Citrus Bowl after it finished the season 8-4 under now-permanent head coach Ed Orgeron.
The SEC’s projected lineup elsewhere looks to have surprising Kentucky, which closed the regular season 7-5 for its best year under Mark Stoops, in the TaxSlayer Bowl against the ACC’s Georgia Tech.
In Nashville, home-state Tennessee under fourth-year coach Butch Jones is a “99.97-percent certainty” to make its second-ever appearance in that bowl and first since 2010 --- Derek Dooley’s first year at the helm of the Vols’ program. Tennessee (8-4), which lost to Vanderbilt and blew its chances for the program’s first Sugar Bowl-berth since the end of the 1990 season, will not face Indiana, as has been projected, but is most likely to oppose Nebraska. Iowa and Wisconsin are outside possibilities to gain berths for the Dec. 30 bowl inside the Tennessee Titans’ Nissan Stadium.
Elsewhere, barring upsets in the ACC and Big Ten championships, Arkansas appears bound for the Charlotte-based Belk Bowl opposite presumed ACC runner-up Virginia Tech. Georgia, per officials, is likely headed for the Memphis-based Liberty Bowl.
South Carolina is bound for the Birmingham Bowl while Vanderbilt is headed for the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La.
Bowl bids formally will be extended on Sunday afternoon, after the release of the final College Football Playoff rankings.

TN owes Nebraska a butt whoopin' or two to even up the series.

I wish Peyton would have sat out his last game at UT since he was injured. Tee would have had a better chance with those Corndogs.

Reactions: 1 person
I just got an email from 247 saying that odds are strong for MCB

LSU, meanwhile, is headed to the Orlando-based Citrus Bowl after it finished the season 8-4 under now-permanent head coach Ed Orgeron.
The SEC’s projected lineup elsewhere looks to have surprising Kentucky, which closed the regular season 7-5 for its best year under Mark Stoops, in the TaxSlayer Bowl against the ACC’s Georgia Tech.
In Nashville, home-state Tennessee under fourth-year coach Butch Jones is a “99.97-percent certainty” to make its second-ever appearance in that bowl and first since 2010 --- Derek Dooley’s first year at the helm of the Vols’ program. Tennessee (8-4), which lost to Vanderbilt and blew its chances for the program’s first Sugar Bowl-berth since the end of the 1990 season, will not face Indiana, as has been projected, but is most likely to oppose Nebraska. Iowa and Wisconsin are outside possibilities to gain berths for the Dec. 30 bowl inside the Tennessee Titans’ Nissan Stadium.
Elsewhere, barring upsets in the ACC and Big Ten championships, Arkansas appears bound for the Charlotte-based Belk Bowl opposite presumed ACC runner-up Virginia Tech. Georgia, per officials, is likely headed for the Memphis-based Liberty Bowl.
South Carolina is bound for the Birmingham Bowl while Vanderbilt is headed for the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La.
Bowl bids formally will be extended on Sunday afternoon, after the release of the final College Football Playoff rankings.

Florida getting the Sugar bid?

Have 50 yard line tickets that I get as Sports Council member every year and normally sell. This year I will be going. Nashville is a destination city for many and folks who come will have a great time.

Reactions: 2 people
What's left for Florida? Jacksonville?

Outback

The Southeastern Conference’s ‘Group of Six’ bowl picture has all but crystallized, as have projected participants for both the Florida-based Citrus and Outback bowls, per bowl and league sources who spoke to 247Sports.
Auburn is in line for the New Orleans-based Sugar Bowl.
With kickoff just underway here inside the Georgia Dome, Southeastern Conference Eastern Division Champion Florida --- a more than three-touchdown underdog against top-ranked Alabama in the title bout --- will go to the Tampa-based Outback Bowl with a loss. Though Alabama fell behind early, the Crimson Tide nonetheless is projected as a lock for the four-team College Football Playoffs.

VN Store

Back