Fred White

Apparently Fred White found himself in the VFL doghouse with Jones but not sure why? Swain said something about it on his show....

Last edited:
Speaking of Terry Fair (read the article), didn't he have the same numbers as Charles Woodson that year Woodson won the Heisman over Peyton?

Apparently Fred White found himself in the VFL doghouse with Jones but not sure why? Swain said something about it on his show....

Not surprising because CBJ is afflicted with skin way too thin for the position he's in. I have no idea why Fred would be in the dog house. Perhaps CBJ heard something with those rabbit ears of his that Fred said that he felt "minimized" something.

Fred is VFL.

Reactions: 6 people
Where is this thin skin argument coming from?

Is it that he sticks up for his team?

Is it that he doesn't claim every misstep means the season is over and we should fire every body associated with the football team when things aren't perfect?

Maybe it's that he characterized his senior class as classy? Is it that he acknowledges the things that players do that actually matter in life like charitable work and volunteering?

Maybe he's not in full blown drunken rage after every loss (15% of the last 20 games). That's called steady leadership.

Is it that he doesn't throw players under the bus when they make mistakes? Thats called leadership.

I HATE TROLLS ON VOLNATION

Reactions: 68 people

Is it that he doesn't claim every misstep means the season is over and we should fire every body associated with the football team when things aren't perfect?

Maybe it's that he characterized his senior class as classy? Is it that he acknowledges the things that players do that actually matter in life like charitable work and volunteering?

Maybe he's not in full blown drunken rage after every loss (15% of the last 20 games). That's called steady leadership.

Is it that he doesn't throw players under the bus when they make mistakes? Thats called leadership.

This is the best post I've seen on here in years!

Reactions: 10 people
Fred calls is it like he sees it when he is on the radio and TV. I very much enjoy his commentary. He has the best interest of UT at heart. CBJ not being able to take constructive criticism from people such as Fred is why CBJ is called thinned skinned. Fred has never advocated for CBJ to be fired, just calls out the coaching mistakes he may see. Regardless of a win or loss, it is how a team is coached and performs that can be vital to the long term success of a coach. That's why you see Saban rail on his team when they win by 25 sometimes, he can see the glaring mistakes that will cost them in close games that need to be corrected. Too many on this board and CBJ himself are in denial if they can't see glaring fundamental and coaching problems in this team versus CBJs first 3 teams.

Reactions: 14 people

Beautiful!

Reactions: 2 people

I respect your opinion, my opinion about CBJ is just different.

Put simply, I want our head coach to own things in a way he doesn't. Is it really too hard to come out and say after losing the opportunity to go to Atlanta and say, "The coaching staff and team are extremely disappointed in not reaching a very important goal to all of us this season. We are all responsible for not taking care of our responsibilities that would have ensured us reaching that goal. With that said, I accept full responsibility and will do everything I can to finish this season as strong."

CBJ desperately needs someone he listens to that can offer tough talk to help him with PR. Perhaps a strong AD will help that.

Reactions: 5 people

Let me educate you . . .

On second thought, if you can't figure it out you probably never will.

Not surprising because CBJ is afflicted with skin way too thin for the position he's in. I have no idea why Fred would be in the dog house. Perhaps CBJ heard something with those rabbit ears of his that Fred said that he felt "minimized" something.

Fred is VFL.

It's kind of funny how nearly every thread that has nothing to do with CBJ somehow turns into numerous posts bashing CBJ.

Reactions: 8 people
Fred calls is it like he sees it when he is on the radio and TV. I very much enjoy his commentary. He has the best interest of UT at heart. CBJ not being able to take constructive criticism from people such as Fred is why CBJ is called thinned skinned. Fred has never advocated for CBJ to be fired, just calls out the coaching mistakes he may see. Regardless of a win or loss, it is how a team is coached and performs that can be vital to the long term success of a coach. That's why you see Saban rail on his team when they win by 25 sometimes, he can see the glaring mistakes that will cost them in close games that need to be corrected. Too many on this board and CBJ himself are in denial if they can't see glaring fundamental and coaching problems in this team versus CBJs first 3 teams.

How many years of coaching does Fred have? LOL
I hope Jones isn't listening to Fred or other fans.

Put simply, I want our head coach to own things in a way he doesn't. Is it really too hard to come out and say after losing the opportunity to go to Atlanta and say, "The coaching staff and team are extremely disappointed in not reaching a very important goal to all of us this season. We are all responsible for not taking care of our responsibilities that would have ensured us reaching that goal. With that said, I accept full responsibility and will do everything I can to finish this season as strong."

CBJ desperately needs someone he listens to that can offer tough talk to help him with PR. Perhaps a strong AD will help that.
Agreed.

Wow! Agree 110%.

Reactions: 4 people

It doesn't take a coach to see how unfundamentally sound this team is. Fumbles, offsides, false starts, timeouts for personnel mismanagement, pass interference because of poor technique are a few examples but maybe I am just a negavol for being objective enough to see it.

Reactions: 4 people

UT is 80th in fewest penalty yards per game, 114th in fumbles lost and 76th in turnover margin. Do we have to be a coach to see that those stats are a step back? Injuries don't explain everything going on with this team.

UT is 80th in fewest penalty yards per game, 114th in fumbles lost and 76th in turnover margin. Do we have to be a coach to see that those stats are a step back? Injuries don't explain everything going on with this team.
AND, regardless of those stats have the possibility of finishing in the top 10 this year. WOW, WE JUST SUCK ALOT! NOT!!!
AND

AND, regardless of those stats have the possibility of finishing in the top 10 this year. WOW, WE JUST SUCK ALOT! NOT!!!
AND

Let's get there first. A lot of people proclaimed we would be in the SEC title game but that didn't quite work out. We could finish anywhere from roughly 10 to unranked.

Last edited:

Thank you for the civility, sincerely.

I hear the ownership argument. Although numerous times this year CBJ has said things like "we need to get this fixed and it starts with me and the coaches . . ." So I feel like he owns it to the extent that can be expressed in a presser.

I know CBJ is not perfect, but he is doing a darn good job. I. Proud of our team academically, personally as young men, and lastly as an athlete.

Miami won a lot in the 80s and early 90s, but I don't want those type of players. I want great young men coming to UT. I know some posters would trade their soul for a NC, but I'd rather keep my soul and earn it the right way. May be slower, but I've got patience. Not forever, but 4 years is hardly forever.

Too much stubborn, pride isn't going to let CBJ "own" that. My opinion is that he doesn't do well in public. Negative things occur but a reporter confronting CBJ isn't gonna make any head-way attempting to discover a fundamental coaching error and there are a few correctable problems at UT. A season's goal doesn't exist because CBJ instill a week to week mental approach. I think he's over-bearing due to control and Hart hasn't had a "tough talk" with coach. DB's aren't being developed properly at UT in the last couple of years. We'll see in the near future if Shoop addresses the matter. I don't see CBJ getting anymore extensions in the next 2 years and that's how you "talk" to CBJ. GO ORANGE...BEAT VANDY !!!!!

VN Store

Back