Gary Parrish on Butch's "Champions of life"

How can they win life at 22 years old????

Butch is literally going to bore our program to death.....

Dude just gave away the division to a horrible Florida team two years in a row, but lets talk about our Life Championships!

Reactions: 17 people
That has to be one of the most asinine things Coach Cliche has ever said. He is a complete goof ball. I am sure that recruits really want to win the "Championship of Life" rather than the SEC East, the SEC Championship or a Natl Championship.

Where does he come up with this garbage?

Reactions: 4 people
The fact that Gary Parrish didn't realize how terribly stupid he looks every time he turns a comment into an analogy about college basketball or spouts his liberal political vomit says a lot about Gary Parrish.

I don't really care what Gary Parrish thinks, nor should any college football fan.

Reactions: 51 people
Of course CBJ is going to get flamed for this. It sounds stupid, but all he is trying to do is protect his players from being labeled failures for not winning the East. He knows what the seniors have given to the program and he is merely speaking to that.

Reactions: 45 people
Of course CBJ is going to get flamed for this. It sounds stupid, but all he is trying to do is protect his players from being labeled failures for not winning the East. He knows what the seniors have given to the program and he is merely speaking to that.

Um by Butch's own standards, this year's team was a failure as they were expected to go to Atlanta and a chance to play for Tampa.....

I truly believe he is fine being the next Bo Pelini....

Reactions: 6 people
Wow. He's trying to spin it positive, shouldn't have said anything. Those trolls on the twitter feed at the bottom of the page were eating him alive for it.

Reactions: 4 people
Joseph Noble ‏@JosephNoble2
Man, I can't believe Butch Jones and Tennessee won the "Champions of Life" title. UGA had that title for a decade under Richt

SEC Football
5m5 minutes ago
SEC Football ‏@SECfootball
Butch Jones looks past SEC East title, claims ‘Champions of Life’ title Butch Jones looks past SEC East title, claims 'Champions of Life' title

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken
Alabama hears Butch Jones quote, attempts to tabulate how many Life Championships they can claim

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247
@Gentry_Estes Don’t be a smartass, Gentry. Smartasses don’t win championships of life

Reactions: 9 people
All coaches use clichés and phrases, it makes 18 year old kids remember them. How many times did we hear "Working Like Heck" from Phil Fulmer his last year?

By the way Butch is right, most of those kids are not going pro. They now have a college education and the opportunity to make their lives better. I would say that is winning.

Reactions: 1 person
Does he want this job or is he looking to high tail it out of here? This is the type of stuff that pisses people off. I really don't care. The man is a cliche machine. It won't set well with some folks though.

Reactions: 2 people
You know the difference between You and Butch (besides he has millions in the bank)? He is an optimist and most of us (myself included) are somewhat pessimist. He looks at the positive side of everything, most of us look at the negative.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back