UT fans should want a rematch with Bamer!

volcop1

We are UT and will play any team. We did not want a "buy out" against NC. We played Oregon when they were awsome. Yes they beat us but we lined up and played. We beat Norte Dame @ Norte Dame. We beat Miami @ Miami. For those of you who can remember we were 8-2-1 in 1985 going to the Sugar Bowl as SEC champs with not a chance of winning against #3 Miami and they were talking that they were going to be the National Champions after they beat Tennessee. Result= UT 35 Miami 7

Reactions: 15 people
Well if LSU comes through you might get your wish. You can't say no to an SEC Championship game regardless of the likely thrashing.

Reactions: 4 people
Personally, I do not relish the concept of playing 'bama again this year. BUT, as SECE champions it might come with the honor of being champ. Play the game, win, and move on.

Reactions: 1 person
For those of you who can remember we were 8-2-1 in 1985 going to the Sugar Bowl as SEC champs with not a chance of winning against #3 Miami and they were talking that they were going to be the National Champions after they beat Tennessee. Result= UT 35 Miami 7

I still have a coke bottle from that year back when they made bottles commemorating good seasons. Tennessee had a very salty team that year and after the Ga Tech (I think) tie they went on a tear. I guaranteed a TN victory to friends who all thought we'd lose. If I only had money to bet I would have bet the house.

For the record, I'd love to have an opportunity for some payback against Bama.

I think if Bama had a choice they would choose Florida to play in the SEC title game. It's very difficult to beat a team twice, especially a very motivated rival opponent. If we get our shot again, we will give them everything they want. It will be a heavyweight fight. I strongly believe this.

Reactions: 10 people
I think if Bama had a choice they would choose Florida to play in the SEC title game. It's very difficult to beat a team twice, especially a very motivated rival opponent. If we get our shot again, we will give them everything they want. It will be a heavyweight fight. I strongly believe this.

This is how I feel about it. I think we are mostly healthy or will be by that time, we have 3/4 captains back so the leadership is back on the field and I think, like you said, we will come out with our hind ends on our shoulders and give them a fight.

Reactions: 2 people
We are UT and will play any team. We did not want a "buy out" against NC. We played Oregon when they were awsome. Yes they beat us but we lined up and played. We beat Norte Dame @ Norte Dame. We beat Miami @ Miami. For those of you who can remember we were 8-2-1 in 1985 going to the Sugar Bowl as SEC champs with not a chance of winning against #3 Miami and they were talking that they were going to be the National Champions after they beat Tennessee. Result= UT 35 Miami 7

Lol. This is new era of football. Glad we get the East but Bama game will be worse than the regular season. Especially giving the fact we can't stop UK'a run game.

Reactions: 1 person
Everybody wants the rematch because it means we won the East and get to play in the SECCG. However, everyone also knows what the outcome will be. After the Bama game, we'll still have a chance to get to 10 wins in the bowl game

Reactions: 2 people
I absolutely want a rematch. I also know that unless Bama doesn't send their whole team, they'll curb stomp Tennessee again.

That shouldn't matter. Tennessee playing for the SEC title is all anyone can ask.

The opponent doesn't matter.

Reactions: 3 people
LSU will probably beat Florida.

Well if LSU comes through you might get your wish. You can't say no to an SEC Championship game regardless of the likely thrashing.

I put LSU in my "They Suck" bucket after the Wisconsin loss but they might just now be getting out of it. Since the Les firing.... I would say they have been dominate against 4 of the 5 teams for all 4 quarters, I think they played Alabama pretty tight for 3 of 4 quarters. Obviously, LSU's OL is not nearly as good as Alabama's DL.

I think this is the week we find out if Florida truly has a top 10 defense, even if Fournette doesn't play or is limited.

VN Store

Back