We need more athleticism on defense

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Losing Kirkland and JRM for basically the entire season has exposed Todd Kelly Jr. The kid has good insticts but lacks the athleticism to support the run.

We need to work Nigel Warrior into the lineup in place of TKjr. We also need to work Daniel Bituli into the lineup in place of Colton Jumper.

A combination of Kirkland and Bituli at LB and a combination of Warrior and Abernathy at safety is what our run defense needs.

Reactions: 2 people
IMO, for what it's worth; Kongbo is not a DE. He should move to DT full time.

Or he could have been asked to do too much in the absence of JRM and DKJR.

He's still too slow to be a safety on an elite defense.

I think TKjr needs to lose a lot of weight. He looked faster as a freshmen. He's been getting smoked all year long this season.

Do you only get on here to troll and be negative?

After you said “Dobbs and Butch Jones are terrible, I can’t believe I ever supported them”, no one cares about your input on what you think is “wrong with this team”.

Be there for the team 100% of the time or get out... Simple as that. Stop the negativity.

Reactions: 18 people
He's still too slow to be a safety on an elite defense.

I think TKjr needs to lose a lot of weight. He looked faster as a freshmen. He's been getting smoked all year long this season.

And many of us think you should stop posting. You get smoked every time you post something but maybe you're just too slow to catch that. :whistling:

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 people
Losing Kirkland and JRM for basically the entire season has exposed Todd Kelly Jr. The kid has good insticts but lacks the athleticism to support the run.

We need to work Nigel Warrior into the lineup in place of TKjr. We also need to work Daniel Bituli into the lineup in place of Colton Jumper.

A combination of Kirkland and Bituli at LB and a combination of Warrior and Abernathy at safety is what our run defense needs.

Ok Coach.

Reactions: 1 person

But after you saw a more recent pic of Kelly with his shirt off, you said he would be all SEC and have 7 ints this year! You said he was athletic enough since he lost the love handles.

What happened? We trusted you!

Reactions: 3 people
How's this for a start?
2017, 4* LB Will Ignont (@WillIgnont) from Huntsville, AL has committed to the Tennessee #Vols! #VFL #OneTennessee #MyAll #EL17E

LOL I remember when everyone was so fired up for Kelly, the stud, to replace Randolph/McNeil and he was going to be amazing.

So D4H, are you hoping USc skull****s us and Butch gets fired on the spot? How bad are you going to trash Dobbs the rest of the season?

Reactions: 4 people
LOL I remember when everyone was so fired up for Kelly, the stud, to replace Randolph/McNeil and he was going to be amazing.

Were we better last year? Seems we had less wins at the same point. :dunno:

Jumper could replace TKjr. Colton is a good downfield tackler.

What happened to your advocacy for Stephen Griffin at safety? Thought he was a future All-SEC type player and NFL draft pick. Why have you already kicked him to the curb??

I think we could use less Xbox fans and really strengthen our fan base with posters that know about real football.

But after you saw a more recent pic of Kelly with his shirt off, you said he would be all SEC and have 7 ints this year! You said he was athletic enough since he lost the love handles.

What happened? We trusted you!

Actually the shirtless pic is what worried me.

I still think he could get 7 ints. The kid has great insticts in the pass game. He's just not athletic enough against the run.

What happened to your advocacy for Stephen Griffin at safety? Thought he was a future All-SEC type player and NFL draft pick. Why have you already kicked him to the curb??

He hasn't played. If he ever gets on the field I expect him to be very good.

Unfortunately it's this coaching staff that determines playing time.

VN Store

Back