PJ Fleck for OC

Rockytoptn83

If Debord is let go, I would love for us to give Fleck a look. He makes 800k as a HC, but Dan Enos left his head coach gig to come to Arkansas so I'm sure we could convince Fleck. Fleck is a hell of a recruiter, kids love him. He's pulled Western Michigan from the gutter. He's one of only a handful of CFB head coaches with NFL playing experience, and bonus: his specialty is Wide Receivers. He's young and upcoming... We need a guy like him over Grandpa Debord.

Reactions: 3 people
If Debord is let go, I would love for us to give Fleck a look. He makes 800k as a HC, but Dan Enos left his head coach gig to come to Arkansas so I'm sure we could convince Fleck. Fleck is a hell of a recruiter, kids love him. He's pulled Western Michigan from the gutter. He's one of only a handful of CFB head coaches with NFL playing experience, and bonus: his specialty is Wide Receivers. He's young and upcoming... We need a guy like him over Grandpa Debord.

Holy stupid batman.

Reactions: 8 people
Explain to me why this is bad idea? You do realize he has Western Michigan ranked in tbe top 25 right now and he's undefeated? If you're only comment is oh that's stupid..
Sounds like you just don't have anything to back up your opinion.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok how about this. PJ Fleck is one of the rising stars in the profession. Why the hell would he take a step down to offensive coordinator? When Enos left for Arkansas his career record was 26-36, so the two situations aren't remotely comparable.

Reactions: 7 people
Ok how about this. PJ Fleck is one of the rising stars in the profession. Why the hell would he take a step down to offensive coordinator? When Enos left for Arkansas his career record was 26-36, so the two situations aren't remotely comparable.

Um, maybe because he can get a pay raise, coach in the best conference in America and from there get a MUCH better HC position? Why would he want to coach at some mid major program over coming to the SEC?

Um, maybe because he can get a pay raise, coach in the best conference in America and from there get a MUCH better HC position? Why would he want to coach at some mid major program over coming to the SEC?

He's not going to be coaching at a mid-major program for much longer. That's the entire point. Please tell me you're just trolling.

Reactions: 4 people
Stop being such a pompous a$$. He won't get a better HC offer than being on an SEC staff.I doubt he is offered LSU and no one in their right kind would want control over the dumpster fire in Lexington.

I'll bite,, do you really think a new OC would have made a diff against bama with 4 of your 5 starting lineman out, 1 of your RBs still dinged up but playing and your best WR dinged up but playing against what is possibly the best defense in college fball ever?

I know that you want it to be possible, but it's not.

Fleck will get several power 5 offers before the year is over. and he will accept one.

Is friendship the only reason DeBoring was hired? Because I can't understand why we hire a guy past his prime when everyone else seems to be hiring young gun slinger coordinators.

Reactions: 1 person

Enos wasn't winning at CMU...totally different situation.

Stop being such a pompous a$$. He won't get a better HC offer than being on an SEC staff.I doubt he is offered LSU and no one in their right kind would want control over the dumpster fire in Lexington.

How am I being a pompous ass? You're the one who started the idiotic thread. So far you're the only one that thinks this would be possible. That should tell you something.

Reactions: 5 people
I'll bite,, do you really think a new OC would have made a diff against bama with 4 of your 5 starting lineman out, 1 of your RBs still dinged up but playing and your best WR dinged up but playing against what is possibly the best defense in college fball ever?

It has nothing to do with our injuries. When we are healthy, our offense is nowhere near as explosive as it should be with our talent. Debord is just not innovative enough.

Fleck is one of the up and coming young head coaches. I'm not sure what Enos' deal is/was, but I'm certain Fleck ain't following the same path. Sounds like to me he's about to get a big job at a Power 5 school and get paid.

Its possible that QB, WR and most importantly OL play could have been better the whole year. The season starts in the spring. Development. Who knows what would have happened if we had an 1 million dollar a year OC. But since we have so many freshman and red shirt freshman O linemen I doubt it.

How am I being a pompous ass? You're the one who started the idiotic thread. So far you're the only one that thinks this would be possible. That should tell you something.

You act like you are all knowing and attempt to shut people down by calling them stupid if you don't agree. Thats being a pompous ass.I for one think if we offered him enough, he would at least think about it.

It has nothing to do with our injuries. When we are healthy, our offense is nowhere near as explosive as it should be with our talent. Debord is just not innovative enough.

Last year I saw innovation in blocking but this year, from the beginning we seem to have went backwards running the ball.

Reactions: 1 person
You act like you are all knowing and attempt to shut people down by calling them stupid if you don't agree. Thats being a pompous ass.I for one think if we offered him enough, he would at least think about it.

No he won't.

Dude is going to get a power 5 job in two months so it's not going to happen at all.

VN Store

Back