Mark Helfrich for OC?

leftygray

With Oregon being 2-5 and, most likely, at least two more losses coming, Helfrich could be gone at the end of the year. If that were the case, he would be a huge pickup as an OC. He runs a similar offense and would most likely go back to being a coordinator somewhere. Do you think this would be a good hire for what we are trying to do on offense? If so, do you think we could land him?

Reactions: 9 people
No. Oregon continually has to rely on juco QBs, there's something about that system that turns quality QB recruits away.

We can do better than 32 rushing yards even against them.

Our first few runs worked well. Then our linemen started getting injured. Then Kamara got injured. We couldn't run right since a 260 lb freshman was at RT and Jack Jones at RG tore a tendon in his hand. Couldn't run left because Richmond was playing LT and he isn't good yet and Jashon Robertson was out at LG. And Coleman Thomas is still Coleman Thomas at center.

Also in college football sacks go against a team's rushing yards so Dobbs -31 yards cut our rushing total in half. I believe this is only the 2nd game in his career that Dobbs has had negative rushing yards.

Reactions: 1 person
100% Healthy team 120 still gets blown away by 2016 Bama, end of story. I think he'd be awesome but CBJ isn't hiring someone that could possibly take his job one day which is the exact opposite of how it should work

No. Oregon continually has to rely on juco QBs, there's something about that system that turns quality QB recruits away.

Just say No to Helfrich He has been mediocre every where he's been. Colorado, Arizona and others. I could not figure why Chip Kelly hired him and I had heard to be his puppet. Thing about it he's no Chip Kelly and the team has been going down hill since he took over. The first year wasn't bad because Mariotta was just a continuation but now it is what it is.

Just say No to Helfrich He has been mediocre every where he's been. Colorado, Arizona and others. I could not figure why Chip Kelly hired him and I had heard to be his puppet. Thing about it he's no Chip Kelly and the team has been going down hill since he took over. The first year wasn't bad because Mariotta was just a continuation but now it is what it is.

Who else hired a puppet ?

Reactions: 2 people
Im not so sure. Their front 7 is as elite as it gets.

We can just agree to disagree. 32 yards on 32 attempts against anyone is unacceptable with Josh Dobbs as QB. Sure Alabamas line is good just like last year. Something is different schematically in our running game this year. A&M is running the ball against Alabama. I just disagree with that mindset of it being Alabama's line as the reason we couldn't run against them.

Reactions: 3 people
100% Healthy team 120 still gets blown away by 2016 Bama, end of story. I think he'd be awesome but CBJ isn't hiring someone that could possibly take his job one day which is the exact opposite of how it should work

No that isnt true at all. What has changed since last years game? We played with and nearly beat 2 of the 4 playoff teams. Imo it's depth. We dont have but 1 JRM, Sutton etc. Where as Alabama has equal players at pretty much every position, which btw took years to build.

Reactions: 2 people

I guess that is the end of story since you say so. If we go to Atlanta and play Bama again I assume you will not be watching? Being the end of the story and all...

We need an OC that can take advantage of the talent that we have. Mix up personal groupings consistently keeping defenses guessing. Not trying to be negative or anything. Butch has to adapt on that side of the ball too.

Reactions: 3 people
I hate our scheme. Not sure Helfrich would be able to change much though

I loved our scheme last year. It was truly multiple. I have no idea why it has went backwards. That was the case before any injury. Got to be a lot more creative with personal packages and run blocking imo.

VN Store

Back