They call that targeting but..

advancedrescue27

Professional Butt Chugger
Watching the Alabama game vs A&M and they are all over saying that the Alabama player should have been called for targeting,which he should. Same announcers who watched an even more brutal hit via A&M on Berry and didn't even hint that anything was wrong.

Rigged system folk

Reactions: 22 people
Watching the Alabama game vs A&M and they are all over saying that the Alabama player should have been called for targeting,which he should. Same announcers who watched an even more brutal hit via A&M on Berry and didn't even hint that anything was wrong.

Rigged system folk

Remember Reeves-Maybin got ejected for a hit half as bad as that.

Reactions: 11 people

Rigged system folk

Home cooking.

Reactions: 2 people
I can see the rule being applied to receivers coming across the field but they shouldn't call it on kick offs...the ball carrier should be able to see it coming

Reactions: 1 person
Ringing someones bell has always been part of the game. Let em play the game, unless they aren't expecting to get hit, i.e. the rule.

Ringing someones bell has always been part of the game. Let em play the game, unless they aren't expecting to get hit, i.e. the rule.

For everyone's good, helmet to helmet hits have to be eliminated from the game. Period.

Reactions: 4 people

Rigged system folk

It's Bama, it's the SEC, they don't call those type penalties on the Tide. Never have never will, been watching the thumb on the scales for Bama over 40 years.

Reactions: 5 people
Should have been targeting! Pass interference!, just don't call it on Bama. One thing I cannot understand though is how Alabama remains so healthy and Tn has a glass jaw.

It's about time someone did an OUTING of all the poor calls not made against the Tide. It's more than obvious they are paying the refs, but when is someone gonna challenge them? This is just ridiculous.

At some point the greater sports media is going to realize what is happening with the refs and Alabama. Not saying that is why they win because it isn't, but it is just not right. Call the game the same way for all teams before someone gets hurt really bad by allowing certain things to go uncalled.

That touchdown was also a fumble, touch back and they didn't even review it. I backed it up and watched the replay, that ball was definitely out

Use flags - much safer

It's never ceases to amaze me how many think that wanting to eliminate clubbing people in the head like a battering ram and risking brain injury is somehow a sign of weakness.

There's a long list of things that have been eliminated for safety reasons over the last 100 years... yet it's still a great game.

Reactions: 4 people
It's never ceases to amaze me how many think that wanting to eliminate clubbing people in the head like a battering ram and risking brain injury is somehow a sign of weakness.

I mean its not like they're getting concussions out there or anything and dealing with serious issues later in life. Hell just put a skirt on em!
Murca!!

That was a good call because it was right when the guy caught the ball and never even saw the defender.

This situation should have been targeting also though. Many still seem confused by the rule.
The player DOES NOT have to be defenseless if the contact is made with the crown.

"Defenseless" is only necessary if the opposing team targets your head or neck area with something other than the crown.

VN Store

Back