Vols can still get to Atlanta

JACK8254

During the summer, Las Vegas Gurus had LSU and Tenn as the favorites to play in the SEC Champ. game. If we win out and LSU wins out that will be exactly correct. We will be favored in all remaining games and unless we fail to show up (see Appy State) we should win these games, although some may be closer than we would like. LSU is a much under-rated team - that loss to Wisconsin doesnt look so bad now. They can beat Bama because they are just as physical as the Tide. I would like to see a Vol- LSU match-up because we will have a better chance of winning. If we can become healthier and more motivated there is no reason why we don't win out. LSU has a more difficult path, but they can do it. If we have to play Bama again, it will be closer, but I don't see a way to win . Better chance with the Tigers.

Reactions: 1 person
During the summer, Las Vegas Gurus had LSU and Tenn as the favorites to play in the SEC Champ. game. If we win out and LSU wins out that will be exactly correct. We will be favored in all remaining games and unless we fail to show up (see Appy State) we should win these games, although some may be closer than we would like. LSU is a much under-rated team - that loss to Wisconsin doesnt look so bad now. They can beat Bama because they are just as physical as the Tide. I would like to see a Vol- LSU match-up because we will have a better chance of winning. If we can become healthier and more motivated there is no reason why we don't win out. LSU has a more difficult path, but they can do it. If we have to play Bama again, it will be closer, but I don't see a way to win . Better chance with the Tigers.
Dont mean to be rude man, but is this thread worthy? I thought it was more common knowledge. UT wins out, Florida loses one game and we are off to Atlanta. Given the schedules it's really not that complicated.

Reactions: 5 people
Relax - Florida will lose to Lsu and Arkansas - their offense is terrible - ut will rematch with Alabama

Dont mean to be rude man, but is this thread worthy? I thought it was more common knowledge. UT wins out, Florida loses one game and we are off to Atlanta. Given the schedules it's really not that complicated.

You are rude. I dont think the part about LSU being favored over Bama was that widely known. Didnt know I was dealing with such an omniscient person. Will watch myself in the future. People like you feel inferior and overcompensate. I should feel sorry for you- I don't.

Reactions: 4 people

No. We are no longer in control in the East. If we win each of our remaining games and Florida wins all their games as well, they'll play Alabama (more than likely) in the SECCG while we'll head off to a top bowl game in early January.

Reactions: 2 people
You are rude. I dont think the part about LSU being favored over Bama was that widely known. Didnt know I was dealing with such an omniscient person. Will watch myself in the future. People like you feel inferior and overcompensate. I should feel sorry for you- I don't.

Your thread title was vols can still get to Altanta. I get the part about LSU. LSU was heavily favored pre season. However, that has proven not to be true with two losses, a coach being fired and Alabama being far better than expected. LSU is not and should not be favored to win the west at all. I would say A and M is the favorite, behind Alabama. Not sure why you should feel sorry for me but cool, Go Vols.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

get on his azz Sigmund...:eek:lol:...:biggrin:

GO VOLS...GET WELL SOON!

No. We are no longer in control in the East. If we win each of our remaining games and Florida wins all their games as well, they'll play Alabama (more than likely) in the SECCG while we'll head off to a top bowl game in early January.

But,

Relax - Florida will lose to Lsu and Arkansas - their offense is terrible - ut will rematch with Alabama

I'm confused.

As long as UT wins out I really don't care if they make it or not.

Try again. If we win out and LSU wins out, we both make it to Atlanta.

I don't think LSU wins out but I don't think Florida will either and that's the team that we need to lose another SEC, LSU at this point, who cares?

Florida has the meat of their schedule left and they have their starting QB back(?), so go tigers and hogs and dogs, don't just win to help us, show some pride.

Plan C all the way to Tampa.

I don't think LSU wins out but I don't think Florida will either and that's the team that we need to lose another SEC, LSU at this point, who cares?

Florida has the meat of their schedule left and they have their starting QB back(?), so go tigers and hogs and dogs, don't just win to help us, show some pride.

:blink:

Reactions: 3 people
As long as UT wins out I really don't care if they make it or not.

I'll care because I really want to see them win the East and play in the SECCG. But I won't hold it against them. 10-2 with wins over both Florida and Georgia....that's an outstanding season IMO.

Me try again? Lol. Read your first paragraph again there Slick.

If Florida doesn't lose another game Chief, it doesn't matter what we do, whether we win out or not will be a moot point.

Bye week.....

tumbleweed.gif

Me try again? Lol. Read your first paragraph again there Slick.

If Florida doesn't lose another game Chief, it doesn't matter what we do, whether we win out or not will be a moot point.

My bad. I was responding to your post to Jack. You said "no" about if both us and LSU win out that we would meet in Atlanta. Your point of contention is that Florida is in control, but if LSU wins out they take care of Florida for us.

My point is I don't think either LSU or Florida wins out, I do think LSU beats Fl and Bama beats LSU.

We make it to Atlanta and play the winner between A&M and bama, I expect it to be bama giving us another shot at them and a chance to get into the playoffs(with help from others).

I did misunderstand your post most likely.

My bad. I was responding to your post to Jack. You said "no" about if both us and LSU win out that we would meet in Atlanta. Your point of contention is that Florida is in control, but if LSU wins out they take care of Florida for us.

My point is I don't think either LSU or Florida wins out, I do think LSU beats Fl and Bama beats LSU.

We make it to Atlanta and play the winner between A&M and bama, I expect it to be bama giving us another shot at them and a chance to get into the playoffs(with help from others).

I did misunderstand your post most likely.

No worries. I misunderstood yours as well. Am only concerned with Florida losing again and didn't connect that if LSU wins out that Florida will have lost since they play each other. Ok, we're all good, kiddo. 😁

VN Store

Back