What if Butch asked Peyton if he would do this.

Vfl2407

You know how Saban got creative to bring in Steve Sarkisian as a sort of consultant.
Remember how he also did that with Kiffin before hiring him as Off Coord.

What if Butch asked Peyton to do something similar for just one or two seasons.
Peyton could be a kind of unofficial QB Coach.
He could even enroll in a Grad school class so he could be considered a Grad Assistant?
Just imagine him working with JG and Dormady next Spring.

I doubt Peyton would want money.
He doesn't need any.
In fact, he donates a lot of money to UT.
This way, he would just be donating a little of his time until he decides if he wants to get a full time broadcasting or pro football coaching/management job.

Reactions: 1 person
Would be great and is far more likely than Peyton being an actual coach. Still pretty unlikely though, as I don't see Peyton moving to Knoxville.

Now, having said that, Sarkasian is reviewing film. No one in the world is better at watching game film than Peyton, and he could do that remotely.

So yeah, if he wanted to, Peyton could. Would love it, but not holding my breath.

I'd imagine that Peyton is already giving the football program as much time as is reasonable for a guy busy managing his 9 figure net worth.

Reactions: 4 people
Would be great and is far more likely than Peyton being an actual coach. Still pretty unlikely though, as I don't see Peyton moving to Knoxville.

Now, having said that, Sarkasian is reviewing film. No one in the world is better at watching game film than Peyton, and he could do that remotely.

So yeah, if he wanted to, Peyton could. Would love it, but not holding my breath.

He could just commute from Lookout Mountain (I think that's where he lives) 3-4 days a week and sleepover on campus or at Butchs house after late night workouts.

Wouldn't have to, with digital age everything can be sent to his home or wherever he is. Prolly not gping tp happen. Peyton watched film but he had his own crew that broke film down. Jim Bob waa was one of his main guys for a while on his breakdown crew.

I'd imagine that Peyton is already giving the football program as much time as is reasonable for a guy busy managing his 9 figure net worth.

More like 10 or 11 figure net worth my friend.

I doubt that even Peyton knows how much his actual net worth is.

That's for his accountants and business managers to try to keep track of and that's 19 full time jobs.

VFL...GBO!!!

He could just commute from Lookout Mountain (I think that's where he lives) 3-4 days a week and sleepover on campus or at Butchs house after late night workouts.

At one point he owned a house at a Marina on the Knoxville side of the dam (Chickamauga Lake?). Rumor was that he'd never set foot in that house.

He probably has a place at the property that Thunder Thornton is developing near Chatty.

More like 10 or 11 figure net worth my friend.

I doubt that even Peyton knows how much his actual net worth is.

That's for his accountants and business managers to try to keep track of and that's 19 full time jobs.

VFL...GBO!!!

I'm not counting the digits right of the decimal place. Peyton is worth $100,000,000 plus but is probably not yet a billionaire (10 figure net worth).

OC/QB Coach (the fact that it's not done yet, is a shame!)

peyton-manning-ncaa-football-tennessee-georgia-850x560.jpg

It's a pipe dream but if he did do it. Would five star pro style quarterbacks even want to play in this system? I know Peyton could help any qb learn to read defenses. But I would love to see a pro style system installed. It wouldn't be that much of a change. I'm over the read option.

I do believe that Peyton spends more time around the TN football program now that he's retired from the NFL. But he's got too many things going on to be a staff member... especially raising his kids, managing his financial empire, and promoting the Peyton brand in various media outlets.

And youins think Butch met with Fulmer and Peyton before the Bama game just to talk about golf balls????
Wait for it!!!!!

To several it will be deemed a failure if Peyton doesn't join the coaching staff...discounting his own personal choice and free will in the matter. :unsure:

Reactions: 3 people
It's a pipe dream but if he did do it. Would five star pro style quarterbacks even want to play in this system? I know Peyton could help any qb learn to read defenses. But I would love to see a pro style system installed. It wouldn't be that much of a change. I'm over the read option.

The NFL has been evolving into something more like what Butch favors and away from what Fulmer and Majors ran. I want to see TN going with whatever system acts as a developer of players for whatever the next level is doing. I'm not saying that Butch Ball is exactly that, but the I-formation, QB under center system with full time fullbacks might be going the way of the single wing (or is it evolving into a modern day single wing?).

You know how Saban got creative to bring in Steve Sarkisian as a sort of consultant.
Remember how he also did that with Kiffin before hiring him as Off Coord.

What if Butch asked Peyton to do something similar for just one or two seasons.
Peyton could be a kind of unofficial QB Coach.
He could even enroll in a Grad school class so he could be considered a Grad Assistant?
Just imagine him working with JG and Dormady next Spring.

I doubt Peyton would want money.
He doesn't need any.
In fact, he donates a lot of money to UT.
This way, he would just be donating a little of his time until he decides if he wants to get a full time broadcasting or pro football coaching/management job.
Butch Jones ego will never allow Peyton Manning to be involved in the program as an advisor or coach. Butch Jones has to control things, thats just his personality. Why do you think he hired Mike DeBord? Hes a yes man

Well if he were to ask me I'd tell him to plant himself in the college game now because if somethings not done to the Casey Jone Train Wreck called the NFL soon they'll be no work available there. Since PM retired I have NO interest in that brand of football. But so far he hasn't ask.

Butch Jones ego will never allow Peyton Manning to be involved in the program as an advisor or coach. Butch Jones has to control things, thats just his personality. Why do you think he hired Mike DeBord? Hes a yes man

Yeah and Bob Shoop....my aching back...

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe while he's at it he can go ahead and be our next AD too, you know...on the side.

Why stop there..lets get Al Wilson to come back as a defensive / LB "analyst" also.

And go ahead and get things in the works for Eric Berry to come back and consult the secondary once he retires.

I love Volnation. GO VOLS

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

So the coach that asks our qb's to attend Peyton Manning's camp for advice, doesn't want Peyton Manning giving advice to to our qb's?

Funny how butchna called it before you even posted. Obviously it's a failure on our staff's part and not Manning's free will.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back