Wish we could have flown under the radar!

Berry29

All the attention was great this off season and season. But all the game days, B@B, The Florida monkey,The Dobbs nail, The Thriller in College Station. What a crazy season. And im SO Proud To Be a Tennessee Vol!

Reactions: 11 people
All the attention was great this off season and season. But all the game days, B@B, The Florida monkey,The Dobbs nail, The Thriller in College Station. What a crazy season. And im SO Proud To Be a Tennessee Vol!

and we were the CBS big game three weeks in a row.

Reactions: 5 people
Under the radar is good sometimes, but it sure has been nice to be Relevant Again!! :rock::rock:

Reactions: 13 people
You don't become a Vol fan to "fly under the radar". You become a Vol fan to enjoy the greatest atmosphere on planet Earth. It's great to be a TENNESSEE Vol.

Plan C all the way to Tampa.

Reactions: 9 people
Even if the media had tried to ignore Tennessee, the mouths of the south fans would have called every sports talk radio show in the nation, berated every website for not showing us enough love, and done everything else within their personal and collective creativity to make sure a large share of the spotlight was directed right on Knoxville.

Fly under the radar? Try driving down 411 through Benton or Vonore over the speed limit with lots of neon on your car. Nobody will notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You good with the outback bowl again? Id prefer the Sugar or Orange

No, I'm still talking playoffs.

Florida will lose another SEC game, maybe 2 or 3 more.

We have a legit shot to win out while getting healthier, the rest of our schedule is made up of inferrior teams compared to those we have already faced.

After tommorow we will see who the matchup will most likely be, I expect bama will thrash A&M and will be 12-0 when they get to Atlanta.

I would like another shot at them. It could be worse than last week, but not likely.

We do need some help across the country. We don't need a bunch of undefeated conference champions. A power 5 will be locked out of the playoffs, it doesn't have to be the SEC if we end up 11-2 SEC Champions.

Is it a lot to ask or want? Yes. Is it possible? Yes. What are the odds? Low, but higher than the Ga win right before it happened.

Let's be real for a moment, it's gonna be real hard to make it to Atlanta and that's just what we have to do. It's nothing new to want Florida to lose, it is new how them losing will help us get what we want.

Then to win in Atlanta, that will be even harder than the next five.

To make it to the playoffs, so much help is needed it's almost a crime to think it could happen at all.

Once in the playoffs, it's a whole new season facing teams that we will have only seen the likes of once in the regular season and again in Atlanta.

So for now, let's get as healthy as possible, stay focused one game at a time, clean up ball security, and stop being so predictable on offense(at times).

Plan C all the way to Tampa(the venue of the NC game).

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Being on the radar for all to see is therapeutic for a team in many ways. The bright lights can create stage fright in many and anxiety and subpar performances often occur. You develop team chemistry and toughness through the physical and emotional adversity. Bama has been in so many top 10, top 5 matchups as the #1 and defending champs, the pressure of the bullseye is just a given. Everyone's fastball, their best effort, is also a given. Look at how 10essee just conducted themselves when the #1 team in the land visited Neyland. Look at the still raging emotional aftermath?

You want to be like the Tide, sure you do, you talk about it all the time, then learn to embrace the big moment. Otherwise, these weak arguments about everything that went wrong, instead of excepting ownership of the cold, hard, facts, will only promise similar results.

Being on the radar for all to see is therapeutic for a team in many ways. The bright lights can create stage fright in many and anxiety and subpar performances often occur. You develop team chemistry and toughness through the physical and emotional adversity. Bama has been in so many top 10, top 5 matchups as the #1 and defending champs, the pressure of the bullseye is just a given. Everyone's fastball, their best effort, is also a given. Look at how 10essee just conducted themselves when the #1 team in the land visited Neyland. Look at the still raging emotional aftermath?

You want to be like the Tide, sure you do, you talk about it all the time, then learn to embrace the big moment. Otherwise, these weak arguments about everything that went wrong, instead of excepting ownership of the cold, hard, facts, will only promise similar results.

Oh shutup.

Reactions: 3 people

Let's see; last year was a close game 19-14 and bamma was very open about us being the most physical team they played.

This year 80% offensive line hurt, 3 future NFL'ers hurt on our D, probably a few more than 3 actually. Blah blah blah

Gee, I wonder what the difference really is between this year and last year?

I should give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your actually just inbred chromosome deficient enough to believe what you actually posted.

Truth told, I as much as I hate Alabama, I actually respect the program. They cheat as good or better than us, tradition, etc.

But you sir, after reading that vitriol, I've wiped dog doo off my shoe I respect more than you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Let's see; last year was a close game 19-14 and bamma was very open about us being the most physical team they played.

This year 80% offensive line hurt, 3 future NFL'ers hurt on our D, probably a few more than 3 actually. Blah blah blah

Gee, I wonder what the difference really is between this year and last year?

I should give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your actually just inbred chromosome deficient enough to believe what you actually posted.

Truth told, I as much as I hate Alabama, I actually respect the program. They cheat as good or better than us, tradition, etc.

But you sir, after reading that vitriol, I've wiped dog doo off my shoe I respect more than you.

Did you just say you're pretty sure you won a 'moral victory' in Tuscaloosa last season? I mean, you just said, what about last year, what about it? You lost the game.

What I said about the bullseye and being on the radar and getting everyone's fastball, ain't about the score. It's about wins and losses. Odd you didn't catch that.

Did you just say you're pretty sure you won a 'moral victory' in Tuscaloosa last season? I mean, you just said, what about last year, what about it? You lost the game.

What I said about the bullseye and being on the radar and getting everyone's fastball, ain't about the score. It's about wins and losses. Odd you didn't catch that.

Nope. .., I didn't say jack about a moral victory.

I didn't say jack about last year. I paraphrased what 'Bama said'. Your program said it 'tennessee was the most physical team we played', not me.

I think we have the talent to beat bamma if the stars align. So what do you think is the difference between last year and this year's game. If it's really about wins and losses is there really no difference between this year and last year?

BTW, what if the fastball is low and away in the dirt. Does it matter if the fastball is in the strike zone?

Nope. .., I didn't say jack about a moral victory.

I didn't say jack about last year. I paraphrased what 'Bama said'. Your program said it 'tennessee was the most physical team we played', not me.

I think we have the talent to beat bamma if the stars align. So what do you think is the difference between last year and this year's game. If it's really about wins and losses is there really no difference between this year and last year?

BTW, what if the fastball is low and away in the dirt. Does it matter if the fastball is in the strike zone?

You are demanding that I give you an excuse as to why we didn't play as well as we should have. See how that works? You are in a hurry to assume I'm assaulting the good character of 10essee. I'm simply saying there are no excuses as to why something didn't work. Home field, injuries, bye weeks, all anxieties and there are so many more variables.

So what, either you are good enough to win anyway or you wait till next time. Just own the results and get better. What's the point of saying we had 6 turnovers against ole miss, that's why we lost last year? The media did and some fans, ad nauseam. We shouldn't have committed them and Bama players and coaches said as much in the locker. Play better next time, make adjustments, or it will simply happen again. No excuses.

I should give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your actually just inbred chromosome deficient enough to believe what you actually

I know I'm new to the board but is this how our fan base seriously treats each other? Get outta here with that. That's ridiculous. Not everyone will agree with each other. Thought we were all rooting for the same thing here.... Mind blowing.

VN Store

Back