Fulmer struggled against Saban, Meyer, Spurrier

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
And we fired him.

Let that sink in a moment.

I like Butch, and I hope he succeeds. Right now, it's just Saban unless you think McEnroe, Sum-one, Ogre and PurdySmart are equal to Meyer and OBC. I think the Alabama game was a perfect storm of 8 straight games, injuries, Bama produces their best of the season.

But the A&M game was indicative of bad coaching and the warning signs were there in every previous game. Team 120 should have won that game convincingly.

Butch has got to coach 'em up and recruit like heck. The super-duper legacy class was once in a generation. He's got to do it without hearts and minds already in Knoxville.

(PS - Wyoming doesn't count for Fulmer)

10 years ago.

Let that sink in for a moment

My kids learned it's childish to make fun of people's names

Let that sink in a moment

You don't have to pull for the Vols

Reactions: 22 people
Butch owns the obc.

Fulmer lost to Memphis with Peyton Manning at QB, let that one sink in for a while.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch is similar to Fulmer and Les Miles. He can recruit but kind of lacking on field coaching and player development.

Yep....152-52 and Tennessee's first national title in 47 years was overrated. 10-6 record vs Bama kinda sucked too. Dude was horrible, should've fired him way before we did.

Reactions: 25 people
And we fired him.

I like Butch, and I hope he succeeds. Right now, it's just Saban unless you think McEnroe, Sum-one, Ogre and PurdySmart are equal to Meyer and OBC. I think the Alabama game was a perfect storm of 8 straight games, injuries, Bama produces their best of the season.

But the A&M game was indicative of bad coaching and the warning signs were there in every previous game. Team 120 should have won that game convincingly.

Butch has got to coach 'em up and recruit like heck. The super-duper legacy class was once in a generation. He's got to do it without hearts and minds already in Knoxville.

Well Butch hasn't lost to Meyer or Spurrier yet, so....

Reactions: 5 people
Yep....152-52 and Tennessee's first national title in 47 years was overrated. 10-6 record vs Bama kinda sucked too. Dude was horrible, should've fired him way before we did.

You make some good points, but some of those Bama teams weren't that good

Reactions: 5 people
And we fired him.

A&M was bad coaching. How?

Reactions: 12 people
And we fired him.

Never post drunk

Reactions: 11 people
Oh look, another original thread.

Let's fire a coach that took a dumpster fire of a program that was the laughing stock of the SEC on and off the field and made it a respectable program contending for an
SECE championship in four years.

5 appearence in 24 years, yep lets fire the guy, great idea.

Im sure John Gruden and Peyton Manning are arguing over who is going to take the job and Tom Herman is considering it too as we sees our fanbase will be appreciative and wont call for his job after a loss to Navy.

Heck, lets go it Cut, he is the best coach in the country anyway.

10 years ago.

My kids learned it's childish to make fun of people's names

Let that sink in a moment

You don't have to pull for the Vols

Let this sink in for a moment.

Weakest ever SECE.

Don't have destiny in our own hands for SECCG.

Couldn't win a game where we amassed 700 yards of offense.

Meyer and OBC aren't in the conference anymore.

Super-duper legacy class.

Fulmer would be pulling this elite in-state talent.

Reactions: 4 people
Let this sink in for a moment.

Weakest ever SECE.

Don't have destiny in our own hands for SECCG.

Couldn't win a game where we amassed 700 yards of offense.

Meyer and OBC aren't in the conference anymore.

Super-duper legacy class.

Fulmer would be pulling this elite in-state talent.

Yep and he would have the same record. Memory so short around here. We DOMINATED THE 90s, 2 SECE championships, 2 SEC Championships, 1 National Championship, that took alot of luck to win. 3 more SECE champs since, 0 SEC Championships since

Getem Butch

Reactions: 1 person
The Saban he struggled against wasn't fielding teams like he is now. His team that lost to ULM was able to completely abuse UT. Fulmer lost in 2001 with vastly superior talent.

You also left out names like Bobby Johnson, Tommy bowden, Ralph Friedgen, Rip Schertz or even Richt.

Reactions: 2 people
Yep and he would have the same record. Memory so short around here. We DOMINATED THE 90s, 2 SECE championships, 2 SEC Championships, 1 National Championship, that took alot of luck to win. 3 more SECE champs since, 0 SEC Championships since

Getem Butch

It took Fulmer 5 years in a weaker conf to win the seccg. He also didn't have to rebuild anything.

I'm guessing utgibbs is about 3/4 done with his bottle of wine and thought yet another folder thread would be such a great idea.

And we fired him.

Team 120 would have won that game. If they wouldn't have gave the ball away 7 times. Not to mention all the dropped passes. Come on you can't keep blaming Jones and company for that. They call the plays. It's the players job to execute that play.

Fulmer should be appreciated for what he accomplished. He should be respected instead of mocked. People should recognize that it will be very difficult for any future Tennessee coach to match what he accomplished which makes mocking him even more ridiculous.

HOWEVER.....it was time for him to go.

Team 120 would have won that game. If they wouldn't have gave the ball away 7 times. Not to mention all the dropped passes. Come on you can't keep blaming Jones and company for that. They call the plays. It's the players job to execute that play.

We allowed yet another team to jump out to a 20 point lead before getting it together.

That's coaching. That's coaching all day long.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back