UT's next Athletic Director must get us a better November.

Vfl2407

Whoever becomes our AD, and I personally hope it's Blackburn, really needs to have a sit down chat with the folks in Birmingham that set the SEC football schedules each year.
I'm tired of our November schedule always featuring our weakest opponents.
In fact, after TSIO (Third Saturday in October), you almost feel a little bored with what is left.
This year is a perfect example with possibly the four worst teams in the conference, an open date, and a non conference cupcake in Tenn Tech.

The new AD should insist that we, at least, get to play our western division rotator in November (which I believe we do with LSU next year).
Also, if Bama remains in October and Florida remains in September, why can't we get Georgia moved to November.
I do not like that we have already played our three most important games only 7 weeks into the 13 week (including the open date) season.
If Vandy insists on staying our final game, just move Mizzou or Kentucky up to September or October.

Besides being better for the fans, it would also possibly help us on the injury front not to be so completely front loaded with our biggest games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Worked pretty well our championship season. I hope you never get what you want.

Reactions: 16 people
I would like to move either Kentucky or Vandy to earlier in the season. Maybe move the Georgia or Florida game till later.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm perfectly fine with all of the weaker teams on the back end of the schedule. But I wouldn't mind seeing us move 1 of Vanderbilt, UK or Mizzou up and playing UGA or UF in November

I kind of think that someone in the SEC office is "punishing" us for keeping the TSIO. There's a large contingent that wants to bust the TSIO for scheduling/competitive benefit for the rest of the conference. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is trying to force our hand.

[tin foil hat off]

Reactions: 3 people
You'll never get a perfect schedule. This is the SEC. It's a tough league. All I ask is that we avoid this four game meat grinder going forward. Put a patsie in there or an open date. Four straight like we just had is just wrong. As for the AD, it had better be David. If they screw this up again...

So, you want the AD to complain because the schedule is front loaded when presumably we're the healthiest we should be all year?

Reactions: 16 people
I see what your saying in the excitement factor but I think if we make it through the early season gauntlet it gives us a better chance in being well rested for the post-season. Glass half full my friend.

It's time to move TN versus Florida to the end of the SEC schedule. Florida needs to move Florida State to September if it's a problem for them.

Reactions: 2 people
I would like to move either Kentucky or Vandy to earlier in the season. Maybe move the Georgia or Florida game till later.

Just because Vanderbilt's campus just happens to be in Nashville does not make them a great traditional rival. Just because a bunch of journalistic hacks with the USA Today network of newspapers want that to happen does not make the Tennessee fan base view it differently.

Of course, getting Florida fans to view our series in better light means we need to beat them more than once or twice a decade. But I have felt since we were forced to play Florida at the end of the season in 2001, that keeping it that way would be in the best interest of both teams.

I would prefer the Florida game be the last game of the regular season but that's just me. They would usually have all their players suspended by that point.

Reactions: 7 people
Whoever becomes our AD, and I personally hope it's Blackburn, really needs to have a sit down chat with the folks in Birmingham that set the SEC football schedules each year.
In fact, after TSIO (Third Saturday in October), you almost feel a little bored with what is left.
This year is a perfect example with possibly the four worst teams in the conference, an open date, and a non conference cupcake in Tenn Tech.

The new AD should insist that we, at least, get to play our western division rotator in November (which I believe we do with LSU next year).
Also, if Bama remains in October and Florida remains in September, why can't we get Georgia moved to November.
I do not like that we have already played our three most important games only 7 weeks into the 13 week (including the open date) season.
If Vandy insists on staying our final game, just move Mizzou or Kentucky up to September or October.

Besides being better for the fans, it would also possibly help us on the injury front not to be so completely front loaded with our biggest games.
Where have I seen this thread before?

Reactions: 1 person
Playing Florida and Georgia back to back in Sept and early Oct is stupid. Sec has long had an erection over making Tennessee play those two back to back. It occurred the first 4 or 5 yrs of division play until Dickey got it changed. Now that we have weak **** in AD office it's back again.

This yrs schedule was ****. 4 huge games in 4 weeks? Tennessee has no tradition playing Missouri or SC basically. Play games earlier and break up the Flordia Georgia cycle. Flordia don't play anyone before Ga, Ga don't play anyone before Fla but Tennessee has to play one of them before playing the other. That is bull****!

Wasn't too long ago that Mizzou was the beast of the East.

Reactions: 2 people
We keep Fla and Ga at the first part of the year. Now that we have their number we break their will to live and put them in the hole early in the East race. I don't know if a patsy in front of bama would help us. We lost just as many players to weaker teams this year. I like to coast after the bama game.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back