2000th Post Thread-QB Playing time

The Tall Gguy

Bucket of Lightbulbs
Do we have QBs that should get some snaps (intentionally, not just in a blowout) in the next 5 games?

Especially Tenn Tech. I say play the young guys exclusively in this game and as much as possible in the other 4.

We should do our best to get the underclassmen in (if they aren't already) as much as possible as the competition level drops off significantly.

Get the starters out as quickly as possible.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 4 people
How are they going to get snaps while Tennessee is coming from behind in the fourth quarter?

Reactions: 15 people
Not JG.
No reason to burn the rs.
Wouldn't mind seeing Dormady and Jones in action though. Always tells more than practice against one another.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think we can go in saying we will play younger guys exclusively. Every coach wants to build depth and plays them when the game is decided. If that is early in the 3rd quarter, then great.

I don't see us removing starters before sometime in the 3rd quarter. And definitely not when we are up by 14 points.

Reactions: 1 person
Probably some mop up duty against the likes of Vandy, SCar..

I think there's a good chance we could see some extended playing time from Dormady in the Tech game

Tenn tech should be a "bye" week so all the teams stars should sit out after a series or 2

Do we have QBs that should get some snaps (intentionally, not just in a blowout) in the next 5 games?

Especially Tenn Tech. I say play the young guys exclusively in this game and as much as possible in the other 4.

We should do our best to get the underclassmen in (if they aren't already) as much as possible as the competition level drops off significantly.

Thoughts?

It'd be great to let both QD and Sheriron get some playing time these final 5 games if the opportunity arises, i.e., we have a safe, substantial lead. Problem is, there's no reason to believe we're gonna get a safe lead against anybody, even vs TN Tech.

Also, no PT for JG....don't burn his redshirt.

Last edited:
If you want to play your younger guys then tell your starters to show up in the first half of games. We are averaging single digit scoring in the first half and it's been a month since we scored more than 7 freaking points in the first half.

You are not going to get much practice for the young guys (aside from injuries) if you keep starting games like that.

With the injuries we are starting our young guys, at least on D. Playing an inexperienced QB on your side of the field when you not up is a really risky move. Even a simple botched handoff can put you behind. Dormandy should be ready having worked with our backs a lot. Use Jones when we are up. Aginst Tech I would use Dormandy up by 7 in the first half.
Aginst lower tier teams we should mix in 2 & 3 while the game is still on the line. We did this aginst Appy and Ohio. Perhaps too much.

I've been on here 4 years fewer than TallGuy, but I got 25,000+ more/13.5 times more posts.....think I gotta problem.

Looks like a serious case of over-postinization.
Make an appointment to see your Voltologist.
There may or may not be a cure.

In the meantime, try not to infect anyone else.
It's highly contagious. :sick::ill_h4h:

Sherion Jones should get on the field in some capacity... He is just too good of an athlete to be our Cheerleader on the sidelines this year.... Don't tell me he couldn't run some routes... JJ can show him the ropes and he'd be good to go for next year...

Thoughts?
this is not Madden.... or the NFL. College teams especially in our position depend on blowouts for polls. This determines bowl placement. Lets say we win out and Florida does also. Those extra 30 or so points we could have scored in those 5 games by playing starters could be the difference between a bigger bowl or a few spots in rankings.

We have to lay the full on smack down on everyone the rest of the way to make our case. In the NFL your record is all that matters in College there are a lot more factors.

Thoughts?

Haha, Tall Guy, 2,000 posts! Over 8 years, that's like 250 posts a year. I think I probably got to 250 posts in my first few weeks on the site. So what does that tell us? I talk too much, I guess, or you're too quiet, or both. :)

Seriously grats on #2,000.

Would love to see Dormady and Jones playing quality snaps in the second half of blowout games. Would prefer Guarantano keep his red shirt, but the other two guys, we could start the competition for replacing Josh now, and give them some valuable gametime experience to boot. :good!:

Probably some mop up duty against the likes of Vandy, SCar..

I think there's a good chance we could see some extended playing time from Dormady in the Tech game

Unless I miss my guess, there will be no mop up in the Vandy game. Better pay close attention to this bunch.

VN Store

Back