Barnett - ESPN Mid season All American

Vols4ever

I bleed ORANGE !!!
Don't think we had such a talented / Leader / #VFL since EB14.

From ESPN

DL: Derek Barnett, Tennessee

Barnett is pushing for SEC Player of the Year honors with six sacks (all in SEC play), 11.5 TFLs, five QB hurries, three passes defended, one interception and two forced fumbles. He helped force two turnovers against Alabama. -- Edward Aschoff

2016 ESPN college football midseason All-American team

Reactions: 10 people
We will miss him dearly next year. Hopefully someone steps up.

Barnett is a beast! I have loved watching him play. Continuous effort and heart out there, leaving it all on the field. I hope he can catch Reggie White's sack record. He needs only six more for the tie.

Reactions: 1 person
dont know why they still say MG from A&M is better than Barnett

It's literally because he looks better in his uniform. Garrett looks like the prototypical NFL DE prospect with respect to his stature....DB does not. That's literally the only difference.

Reactions: 5 people

2 inches of height. They are literally the same body weight and Barnett produces far more against SEC and Top 25 teams than Garret has. Barnett could literally have no more sacks the rest of his year here and Garret could have a sack a game and Barnett would still have more SEC sacks.

I think its more based off Garrett's physique than anything. Because, based off production against the toughest competition Barnett has greatly outperformed MG. Plus Barnett seems to have an edge to him that MG does not. Garrett will be selected higher, but because of his ability to do many different things from the DE position, Barnett will have a more successful NFL career.

Garrett is Clowney 2.0. Way overhyped in college because of his freakish look for his position but will not live up to a top overall pick in the NFL because he doesn't have the "it" trait that all great players possess. Barnett has a chance to be a 10-15 sack a year type of guy and should have a great career because of his determination and also he shows up in every big game. He doesn't pad his stats against teams like Prairie View. He earns everything he gets.

It's literally because he looks better in his uniform. Garrett looks like the prototypical NFL DE prospect with respect to his stature....DB does not. That's literally the only difference.

If someone argues that Garrett is more photogenic, I'll counter that Barrett is harder and looks it. It's football. Give me hard, capable, and unrelenting every time.

Reactions: 1 person
Barnett will have a Terrell Suggs type combine. Underwhelm in the speed categories, slide down the draft boards and become a perennial all-pro. He is absolutely tremendous.

I personally compare him to sue . Sue wasn't the fastest or strongest Defensive lineman . But he is nasty and relentless

Shoop is going to hate not having him next year. Hopefully we can find a couple of guys that can equal his production. I say a couple because it's highly unlikely we have 1 guy that can match what he has done.

Barnett is a beast! I have loved watching him play. Continuous effort and heart out there, leaving it all on the field. I hope he can catch Reggie White's sack record. He needs only six more for the tie.

He plays hurt and brings it every Saturday! Fellow BA grad I'm proud of him!!

VN Store

Back