Barnett ranks 3rd on one mid-season NFL draft board

kamoshika

Tennessee junior defensive end Derek Barnett has received national attention for his dominating play this season. Barnett's performances have also elevated his draft stock.

Pro Football Focus ranked Barnett third on its Top 32 Prospects for the NFL Draft mid-season draft board update released on Wednesday. Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett ranks first and Alabama defensive tackle Jonathan Allen is second.

"While Barnett may not have the classic edge rusher look that Garrett possesses, he’s been just as productive during their paralleled careers. Barnett brings power in the running game and he simply knows how to get to the quarterback as his pass-rush grade has improved every season. His three-year totals now sit at 27 sacks, 28 QB hits and 89 hurries, rivaling Garrett step for step," PFF wrote.

Vols DE Barnett ranks third on mid-season draft board

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-top-32-prospects-2017-nfl/

Reactions: 10 people
Tennessee junior defensive end Derek Barnett has received national attention for his dominating play this season. Barnett's performances have also elevated his draft stock.

Pro Football Focus ranked Barnett third on its Top 32 Prospects for the NFL Draft mid-season draft board update released on Wednesday. Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett ranks first and Alabama defensive tackle Jonathan Allen is second.

"While Barnett may not have the classic edge rusher look that Garrett possesses, he’s been just as productive during their paralleled careers. Barnett brings power in the running game and he simply knows how to get to the quarterback as his pass-rush grade has improved every season. His three-year totals now sit at 27 sacks, 28 QB hits and 89 hurries, rivaling Garrett step for step," PFF wrote.

Going to get PAID.... in 7 'months

Reactions: 2 people
I want that man to go full beast mode in the last five regular season games and make scouts say "Myles who?" going into the draft.

Nothing would please me more than to see him break Reggie White's record. I still love the Minister of Defense for who he was and how he carried himself on and off the field, but Barnett is certainly deserving of that record.

Reactions: 8 people
Notice they didn't mention TFL's, where Barnett is WAY better than Garrett!? Media Hates US!! jmo :)

Reactions: 2 people
I want that man to go full beast mode in the last five regular season games and make scouts say "Myles who?" going into the draft.

Nothing would please me more than to see him break Reggie White's record. I still love the Minister of Defense for who he was and how he carried himself on and off the field, but Barnett is certainly deserving of that record.

Agree with this 100%

No matter what happens Barnett will never get as much love from the media as Garrett. They have an irrational obsession with Garrett imo.

Reactions: 1 person
if he was smart he would come back, the difference between 3rd pick and 1st pick are equivalent to being homeless and being warren buffett.

Reactions: 1 person
if he was smart he would come back, the difference between 3rd pick and 1st pick are equivalent to being homeless and being warren buffett.

What? Not even close to being true. Especially if 1st and 3rd pick play the same position.

Besides. I'm not convinced that Barnett won't go before Garrett yet. Regardless of what sports columnists are saying, I'm betting NFL team offices are paying close attention to Barnett vs Garrett.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a defensive end that can get almost horizontal rounding the edge the way Barnett does.

Reactions: 7 people

And the difference in a career ending injury is the difference between being warren buffett and being homeless ;)

Reactions: 3 people
Well since my Panthers are not looking too good this year it means we could have a decent draft pick. I would love to see Barnett end up in Charlotte. Obviously, our d-line needs some help but then again so does our o-line.

If he goes full beast mode, then the unbelievers will say that it is against weak teams and he is padding his stats, just like Michael Sams from Missouri did.
Notice that Michael Sams was only able to play on special teams for the regular season. Jeff Fisher took a chance on him because Sams is - - - .
When Sams had to go thru training camp, the Rams cut him.

Hes a top 10 pick working on being a top 5. After he balls out the last 5 games and sec championship game he will be a top 5 pick

I love how Vereen and Barnett have exposed Cam 'puff puff bust a cap' Robinson so bad he isn't even projected in the 1st round anymore 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Derek Barnett is a better NFL prospect than Garrett. Garrett can only rush the passer. Barnett's pass rushing abilities are basically just as good as Garrett's plus he's stronger and plays the run.

"he’s been just as productive during their paralleled careers"

more productive*

Yep. "Just as productive" is a joke. Look at their SEC stats. It's not even close. Barnett is by far a better DE by those stats.

Notice they didn't mention TFL's, where Barnett is WAY better than Garrett!? Media Hates US!! jmo :)

Garrett is still trying to figure out how to stop a running play right at him.

Love the GIF on the Pro Football Focus link, everyone should check it out!

Reactions: 5 people
Imo the combine is where Barnetts stock will either climb over Garrett or drop to late first round

We all know that ever since Woodson won the heisman over Manning. I wish the UT board of governors or whoever has the authority would allow our athletic dept. to boycott the media. Do our talking on the field so to speak. They truly are prejudice toward UT. Saban jumps on them all the time for their antics and they still appear to like him. HE,(Saban), is the SEC's savior this year if viewed in the proper light but i've strayed from this thread's intent. The truth pertaining to DB will demonstrate itself on Draft Day and we all know that Barnett's playmaking ability increases against the better opponents while Garrett get's most of his against inferior opponents. It's well documented.

VN Store

Back