We still have a shot at playoffs!

Wildasamink16

Win out and beat bama in sec🏆! We really do have a good chance and it's happening, I hope! And ............GOOOOOOO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
"Good Chance"? Sorry man, we have a slim to none of a chance to make the playoffs. Doesn't take away from what the team has accomplished or will accomplish, but its a tremendous stretch to say we have a good chance. What we do have a chance at is a NY6 bowl which would be fantastic.

Reactions: 8 people
"Good Chance"? Sorry man, we have a slim to none of a chance to make the playoffs. Doesn't take away from what the team has accomplished or will accomplish, but its a tremendous stretch to say we have a good chance. What we do have a chance at is a NY6 bowl which would be fantastic.

Gotta hope till none is left!

Reactions: 5 people
I just feel like what happened vs bama is going to propel this team to true greatness! I guarantee you are players have in their minds to get another shot at them , if Jones can manage the health of this team through the winnable games I like our chances the end of Bama schedule is rougher than ours and they would play Auburn right before they played us in the SEC championship

Gotta hope till none is left!

Hope is fine......"a good chance" is just flat out disingenuous. If the stars align and we get back to the SECCG and beat bama we will be in...........the chances of beating a Saban coached bama team in the SECCG is slim to none though.

Win out and beat bama in sec🏆! We really do have a good chance and it's happening, I hope! And ............GOOOOOOO VOLS!

We'd need some more help than that. I thought this article summed it up fairly well. Pretty much the following is needed:

– Enough with the goofiness. Come out and drop a full sixty-minute hammer on all five bad teams the rest of the way. At South Carolina, Tennessee Tech, Kentucky, Missouri, at Vanderbilt. With the possible exception of Mizzou, none of those teams will go bowling. Tennessee has to beat each of them by three touchdowns, minimum.
– Florida has to lose one more SEC game along the way. Having to go to LSU, as well as Arkansas, should help that cause.
– Even at 10-2, beat Alabama in a revenge date in the SEC championship, or the same with an unbeaten Texas A&M, and at 11-2, the SEC Champion Tennessee Volunteers would get in.
– There can’t be four other unbeaten Power 5 conference champs. Tennessee has to seem obvious after beating the No. 1 Crimson Tide or Aggies.

We'd still need two out of the Big 10/Big 12 / ACC / PAC-12 to have 2 or more losses (well, because of how bad the Big 12 currently looks, it might be we only need their champ to have 1 loss and just one of the others to have 2 losses).

Path To The College Football Playoff: What Each Team Has To Do | College Football News

Even if UT wins out and wins the SECCG, they will need some serious help.

It's not impossible, but there is not a "good chance".

Reactions: 4 people
Hope is fine......"a good chance" is just flat out disingenuous. If the stars align and we get back to the SECCG and beat bama we will be in...........the chances of beating a Saban team in the SECCG is slim to none though.

I understand why people would think that but I can't help to believe this ! I feel it I'm orange blood and nothing will bring out work ethic and competitors like the beat down that we took and I believe that is what will propel us

Reactions: 1 person
We'd need some more help than that. I thought this article summed it up fairly well. Pretty much the following is needed:

We'd still need two out of the Big 10/Big 12 / ACC / PAC-12 to have 2 or more losses (well, because of how bad the Big 12 currently looks, it might be we only need their champ to have 1 loss and just one of the others to have 2 losses).

Even then it's not a given. If Louisville wins out but doesn't make the ACCCG, I think they may get in over UT. If either Michigan or OSU is left out in the Big 10 with just a close loss to the other, then I'm 100% confident that team would get in over 2 loss UT even with a conference title.

No we don't. We can still have an outstanding year....go 10-2 and play in the SECCG, maybe even win it to go 11-2 and then play in a top tier bowl and go 12-2....that would be an outstanding season. But I just don't see anyway we get into the Playoff.....way too many things out of our control that would have to fall in line perfectly IMO.

I understand why people would think that but I can't help to believe this ! I feel it I'm orange blood and nothing will bring out work ethic and competitors like the beat down that we took and I believe that is what will propel us

You would say the same thing if we were going to play the '85 Bears......

Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but if you look at it from an unbiased point of view, a rematch with bama could very well end in a similar result. Could be beat them? Yes, but a "good chance" couldn't be any further from the truth.

I think we will beat Bama twice...once in the SECCG then again in the first playoff game. Then it will be a drubbing on our old pal Urban for the title.

No we don't. We can still have an outstanding year....go 10-2 and play in the SECCG, maybe even win it to go 11-2 and then play in a top tier bowl and go 12-2....that would be an outstanding season. But I just don't see anyway we get into the Playoff.....way too many things out of our control that would have to fall in line perfectly IMO.

This......we go 10-2 I think we still see a NY6 Bowl game. Just win out this season and whatever happens happens with bama in the SECCG and even if we lose that game, we are still sitting pretty good and an improvement from last year (and every other year the past decade)....I'd take that and be happy as ****.

:)

10037-albums19-picture5706.jpg

:)

This......we go 10-2 I think we still see a NY6 Bowl game. Just win out this season and whatever happens happens with bama in the SECCG and even if we lose that game, we are still sitting pretty good and an improvement from last year (and every other year the past decade)....I'd take that and be happy as ****.

I agree with this. First SECC game since 2007 would be a huge step forward. I would be happy too.

You would say the same thing if we were going to play the '85 Bears......

Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but if you look at it from an unbiased point of view, a rematch with bama could very well end in a similar result. Could be beat them? Yes, but a "good chance" couldn't be any further from the truth.
The team believes and that's what really matters

VN Store

Back