If we win out...

#1ManningFan

Vol for Life
As in 10-2 in the regular season and make it to Atlanta (assuming that FL loses) and win our bowl game...should Jones be considered SEC coach of the year with all the injuries? I'll hang up and listen...

Reactions: 6 people
At this point, I'm kinda hoping we don't have to forfeit one for lack of players! :blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
As in 10-2 in the regular season and make it to Atlanta (assuming that FL loses) and win our bowl game...should Jones be considered SEC coach of the year with all the injuries? I'll hang up and listen...

He may get it simply based on a 10-2 record and all the crazy comebacks. The COY often goes to the coach of the most improved team, which would almost certainly be the Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
After the Kamara news today --- not sure about winning out now, SC and Vandy on the road wont be as easy as some think it will

Reactions: 5 people
CBJ does not have the respect of those who vote in these sort of awards. I can't see him winning such a title. Do you see his fellow coaches or the media naming Butch?

They'd give it to a 10-2 Sumlin over CBJ.

Reactions: 3 people
If FL wins out, CJM would have to be in the conversation as well.

True. But he won it last year, and they rarely give it to the same guy twice in a row. Saban won it in '08 and '09, then you have to go all the way back to Spurrier in the mid-90s.

Ill get killed for this particularluly on this board, but I'd give it to Saban.

Yeah, all that talent....blah, blah, blah.

I didnt expect Bama to be this dominant.

They dont ever give it to the guy thats supposed to win, but this is really impressive.

JMO

Reactions: 2 people

They dont ever give it to the guy thats supposed to win, but this is really impressive.

JMO

You won't get killed. We all know who the best coach in the conference is. Getting the talent is a big part of the coach's job, btw.

JMO

Dude is the best ever. I hate him, but there's a reason for that.

JMO

Nobody could argue against it. He brings in a new QB every year and rarely misses a beat. And this year a true freshman QB, no less. Really quite amazing what he has done there this past decade.

JMO

May be best coach in SEC history. Certainly been one of the most dominant 10 year runs in SEC history.

I would also consider Neyland, Bryant, and Spurrier but remember, Neyland and Bryant were coaching when there were NO recruiting restrictions and they only played 6 conference games. Spurrier never had an undefeated season and he backed into the only national championship he ever won.

"If we win out..."

I'll be even MORE shocked than I was at the end of the Georgia game...

Reactions: 1 person

JMO

He's the best coach year in and year out. Im not sure how anyone could argue it any year.

VN Store

Back