Who is to blame for injures

Who is to blame for injures?

• Total voters
Word is that the day that Phil was fired, she put a voodoo curse on us that we would never win another championship.

Reactions: 7 people
Good grief, you can't blame anyone person for injuries. They are a part of the game of football. We can have the most perfect, well respected, flawless strength and conditioning coach in history, and injuries would still occur.

Reactions: 3 people
When you recruit "athletes" instead of big, strong, quick players they are at a disadvantage and clearly subject to being trampled.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol joe!

And we need a poll to tell us why we are hurt in a game that players are basically in a car wreck each play.

E. Piss poor field conditions on a few occasions. Hope we get turf in that 109 million dollar renovation of Neyland.

Not sure you can blame a coach for a player taking a late hit out of bounds

Maybe not, but I sure as hell blame the coach if Kirkland is unable to go vs USC. Simply stupid to rush him back for Bama given the open date and the potential for an additional two weeks to fully recover. No way one player was going to be the difference vs Bama. And I said so on this board on me than one occasion.

Word is that the day that Phil was fired, she put a voodoo curse on us that we would never win another championship.

There was no need for a voodoo curse. Tennessee had already been inflicted with the Mike Hamilton Curse.

Our players have taken a lot of direct helmet hits, helmet to the hip, helmet to the shoulder, helmet to the head, etc.

S&C coach could actually be pushing too hard. Not saying he's to blame but it's entirely possible for some of these injuries to be related to over exertion..IMO

when you look at who's getting injured, how and when, some of it, imo, goes to both s&c, and position coaches. i think good technique and execution helps avoid some injuries, and wiht the volume of injuries we've had, many being lower extremity, you look at how they move their feet, positioning, etc....i'm not expert, but watching O lineman after O lineman go down, it was a thought i had.

some of it is just s**t happens. you get caught in the wash and tough break.

i think though, you'd have to be crazy not to at least ask the question if your CBJ, and have it all evaluated. the last 3 years, 2 springs and falls with a ton of guys out, and this season of the walking wounded....

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back