McElroy hates Tennessee

jonnon111

What you see is what you get.
He just said on SEC now that Auburn is a real contender because they only have a loss to a good Clemson team and a tough A&M team.

BUT

This morning on Sirius ch. 84 he said how over rated Tennessee is after our loss to A&M and getting beat by a damn good Alabama team.

Does anyone else think this logic is asinine or is it just the homer in me?

Reactions: 1 person
he's been down on us all year. in fairness, he's cited concerns about the physicality of the O line since before the season. he's not been proven wrong.

but i get your point, he does say one thing about an Auburn or someone, that could easily apply to TN, yet it doesn't apply to us....

doesn't matter. the yeoman's work of the schedule is done. time to rest up the next two weeks, root against FL and see if we can drag this train to ATL.

Reactions: 10 people
He just said on SEC now that Auburn is a real contender because they only have a loss to a good Clemson team and a tough A&M team.

BUT

This morning on Sirius ch. 84 he said how over rated Tennessee is after our loss to A&M and getting beat by a damn good Alabama team.

Tennessee has consistently under jones gotten at least 2 games won under it's belt. There will be doubters' such as McElroy. He is a joke and shall always remain a joke. Regardless.. Tennessee, when we do win out can look back on a 10-2 reg season record. Whether we win the seccg or not 10-2 is still good. I yearn for more however.. With this offensive staff kinda hard to not be predictable. Only 5 basic plays as it seems... Can't wins championships with a half cocked OC.

Reactions: 3 people

BUT

Auburn didn't get their teeth kicked in by either of those teams like we did on Saturday.

Reactions: 7 people
Tennessee has consistently under jones gotten at least 2 games won under it's belt. There will be doubters' such as McElroy. He is a joke and shall always remain a joke. Regardless.. Tennessee, when we do win out can look back on a 10-2 reg season record. Whether we win the seccg or not 10-2 is still good. I yearn for more however.. With this offensive staff kinda hard to not be predictable. Only 5 basic plays as it seems... Can't wins championships with a half cocked OC.

I agree that 10-2 is nice regardless and I will be more than satisfied with that. It was only 4 seasons ago we didn't even go bowling after a loss to Vandy at home. (Ahem UGA).

I do not agree our OFfensive staff is slacking. They are far from perfect. I know Debord may not be a real offensive genius, but let's see when Dobbs leaves. We will see who the problem is then.

I like Dobbs for the record and thankful for all he has done for our team for a few years.

BUT

Regarding us, his logic is fairly sound.

I'm sure you aren't alone in your paranoia, if that's any consolation.

Reactions: 4 people
It's really hard to put a finger on how good a team Tennessee is.

I would argue that Tennessee's best performance was against A&M, except for the turnovers.

It's a 60 minute game as the Florida contest certainly proved, but I've never seen a team as good as I think Tennessee is down by double digits in 6 of its first 7 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people

That joke, McElroy has won more championships than Butch Jones.

Clearly, we have potential to be a good team but between the injuries and our whatever you call our offense.

...what else are, if not inconsistent?

Potential ain't worth squat, if you can't put it together and consistently execute.

Reactions: 3 people

I would argue that Tennessee's best performance was against A&M, except for the turnovers.

i think there's a very good argument for that.

i think you take the 2nd half teams that played VT and FL, and that team that played aTm, and that's a good football team.

that team is now a mash unit, and they've not shown up for a complete game all year.

back half is much easier, should be an opportunity for us to get a little healthier, and to put some games together....in preparation for ATL.:matrix:

It's a 60 minute game as the Florida contest certainly proved, but I've never seen a team as good as I think Tennessee is down by double digits in 6 of its first 7 games.

coaching..

time to be champion coaches or get off the porch.

Reactions: 1 person
Auburn didn't get their teeth kicked in by either of those teams like we did on Saturday.

Don't worry, their date with Bama is coming. Bama makes a lot of good teams look bad. Bama is a 17 point favorite against #6 aTm next week and I think they win by more than that

Reactions: 2 people
i think there's a very good argument for that.

i think you take the 2nd half teams that played VT and FL, and that team that played aTm, and that's a good football team.

that team is now a mash unit, and they've not shown up for a complete game all year.

back half is much easier, should be an opportunity for us to get a little healthier, and to put some games together....in preparation for ATL.:matrix:

They are about to steam roll the rest of the schedule, I just don't think it's going to give them any street cred.

There are only two teams from the SEC that can make the playoff and the clock is ticking on Texas A&M.

That joke, McElroy has won more championships than Butch Jones.

Yeah he was a teammate of Julio Jones, Mark Ingram and others. He also got the **** beat out of him at South Carolina and Butch ain't. And he is a red headed prick just the same.

He's building up how tough bama's road is by building up auburn. Auburn will play Bama tougher than Tennessee did. They won't be coming off the three biggest games of their season the week before. Hell, Charlie's Angels would play Bama tougher that Tennessee did sat.

Last edited:
Who cares what Greg McElroy thinks of Tennessee! Once a bammmer always a bammer, stoped listening to that channel when they put him in Bill King's time slot.

The other thing that's going to make McElroy's argument stronger will be as the season progresses...the losses that will begin to mount up for Va Tech, Florida, Georgia, etc.

I think it is possible that by the end of regular season, Tennessee will not have beaten a ranked team.

They are about to steam roll the rest of the schedule, I just don't think it's going to give them any street cred.

There are only two teams from the SEC that can make the playoff and the clock is ticking on Texas A&M.

5-2 in our 1st seven is plenty good, against that schedule. i think it's rated in top 2 or 3 in the country?

anyway, i didn't think the playoff was a realistic outcome for us this year anyway. i did think 10-2, ATL was...and it still is.

i don't think we beat bama in a rematch, but i'd like my chances against aTm or LSU. lots has to happen.

first being....you guys need to do us a solid and drop one.

Yeah he was a teammate of Julio Jones, Mark Ingram and others. He also got the **** beat out of him at South Carolina and Butch ain't. And he is a red headed prick just the same.

Why is he a prick? Because he gave you a dose of reality? He just didn't fall of the bandwagon after Saturday, hes questioned this team and staff all year. His main point being this team is soft and compared to last year they are.

Without the injuries we are 6-1 with a 21(at most) point loss to bama. The only reason 10-2 might suck is knowing that we had a chance to go to the playoffs, but b/c we were well below full strength we couldn't make it. If anything the defense has been more of the problem by the way. We are giving up a ton of yards. The defense just doesn't always claps in the clutch anymore so Shoop gets credit.

VN Store

Back