*****2016 VolNation Season Pick Contest: Week 8

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Guys, welcome to the 13th annual weekly pick contest, which will last the entire season and consist of 13 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted on Sunday (or Monday at the latest). I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Contest Home: 2016 VolNation Pick Contest
Current Standings: CURRENT STANDINGS
Season Standings: SEASON STANDINGS

Week 8 Entry (be sure to hit refresh each week if you see last week): ENTER YOUR PICKS

Reactions: 2 people
Ooo... I picked seven correctly, Mal! Having broken through the six barrier, I can report that the view is fine from up here.

Reactions: 1 person
I was in the top 10 at this time last season but not this year. Tied for 54th ain't gonna cut it even though I made a big run the last couple of weeks last season to finish 5th I believe it was.

Well still tied for 1st after awful week. Games getting harder to pick. That LSU FLORIDA game if anyone picks the Gators and they win in November that could be the hidden difference.

WOW - 4 of 10 last week...but I'm still gained 10 spots and am only 11 points out, so I guess mathematically I am still in it...HAHAHAA

Here is how I have this week playing out:
Syracuse - they are riding high and playing good ball
W. Virginia - WVU at home is a win
Indiana - IU bounces back after two tough weeks against an awful NW team
Wisconsin - started to pick Iowa, but Wisconsin is playing tough
Washton St - WAZZZUU...ok really just flipped teh coin again
Kentucky - hopefully teh worst in the east is better than the worst in the west...hopefully
Texas - a team playing for their coaches job should never be picked against
Stanford - Colorado is MUCH improved but I think they pull up short against the big boys
LSU - like him or not, Ed O keeps on winning on emotion
Arkansas - Again, consulted the mighty coin

Hope everyone has a good week - and by that I mean, hope everyone forgets to pick because tennessee has a bye this week :):):)

Pretty convient on my birthday vols have the bye week.
They can't win or lose plus they need time to regroup and recover.

Freak I just remembered to enter my picks but I missed the deadline!! Have any of the games been played yet?? I'd like to enter!!

I'll post them here real quick in case there's something that can be done. Didn't have time to do any research on the teams/matchups so these are all guesses..

BC
WVU
Indiana
Wisconsin
AZ St
Miss St
Texas
Stanford
Miss
Arkansas

I did the exact same. So 1st to worst in a hurry.

2-8 is really bad. Like I guessed at all of them because I didn't have time to look at stats/schedules and just picked all the games in about 60 seconds, but good lord 2-8 is terrible luck.

2-8 is really bad. Like I guessed at all of them because I didn't have time to look at stats/schedules and just picked all the games in about 60 seconds, but good lord 2-8 is terrible luck.

Actually I think I got 4 right after double checking. Either way I won't be 1st in season standings after that miserable performance.

VN Store

Back