Kills me to say this but it's the sad truth...

CamVol8

We could very VERY easily be sitting at 3-4 just like we were last year. If App State kicker didn't completely suck and miss that field goal and PAT which probably would have sealed it, if Jauan Jennings doesn't catch that Hail Mary... our season is looking a lot different. We would not be in contention for even the SEC east let alone getting a playoff spot. Listen I love Butch and I think he should have a spot somehwhere in our program but I'm starting to worry if he's the guy who will bring us SEC/National titles. Obviously injuries is a big factor in why we lost the Alabama game but there's been no excuse other than poor coaching for us to come out every game and be down 20+ points. I'll probably get bashed for this but it's just how I feel the reality of our season has been. Go Vols! Let's win these next 5 games!!

Reactions: 9 people
We have a lot of issues, and it's amazing we're sitting at 5-2. DeBord's offense works against slow and undisciplined defenses but is useless against superior athletes like Bama. Butch should be given a little grace because the injuries on D are devastating and its ignorance to not factor that in, but I agree he's probably not going to bring us a natty anytime soon. Recruiting on the Oline is just too poor for that, and offensive scheme doesn't fit our personnel.

Reactions: 6 people
Things have a way of evening out and right now I think the record is where it should be.

The disappointing thing is a lot of people thought this team could contend for a title and based on yesterday, they aren't close.

So, the only "big" questions to ask would be....."is this as good as it gets or can Butch take it up another level". Can they replace the personnel they are going to lose with equal or better personnel?

Reactions: 7 people
As long as Saban is at Alabama we're probably not going to win championships along with anybody else in the conference for that matter..

Reactions: 5 people
But we aren't. We are 5-2. That's the difference. A team that finds a way to win is different than a team that doesn't.

Are we finding ways to win, or are bad teams blowing it against us in the end?

VT - 6 fumbles
UGA - 5 defenders couldn't knock the ball down?
App St - kicker couldn't punch one it from 30 yds out?

Reactions: 1 person
Things have a way of evening out and right now I think the record is where it should be.

The disappointing thing is a lot of people thought this team could contend for a title and based on yesterday, they aren't close.

So, the only "big" questions to ask would be....."is this as good as it gets or can Butch take it up another level". Can they replace the personnel they are going to lose with equal or better personnel?

"Based on yesterday, they aren't close". When you have as many injuries as we have, you can't expect them to "be close". Without the injuries, this team can compete with anyone in the country. Isn't there a gator board you can go troll on?

Reactions: 5 people
We could very VERY easily be sitting at 3-4 just like we were last year. If App State kicker didn't completely suck and miss that field goal and PAT which probably would have sealed it, if Jauan Jennings doesn't catch that Hail Mary... our season is looking a lot different. We would not be in contention for even the SEC east let alone getting a playoff spot. Listen I love Butch and I think he should have a spot somehwhere in our program but I'm starting to worry if he's the guy who will bring us SEC/National titles. Obviously injuries is a big factor in why we lost the Alabama game but there's been no excuse other than poor coaching for us to come out every game and be down 20+ points. I'll probably get bashed for this but it's just how I feel the reality of our season has been. Go Vols! Let's win these next 5 games!!

It is so fun to watch the orange shades slowly being pulled off sunshine pumpers eyes. They wake up from their stupor finally realize what half the fan base has known for a while.

Reactions: 14 people

At least we're better than Florida though. I would argue a lot better at that. Y'all were at a speed and physical disadvantage against us.

The team that played yesterday is a shell of what we are. I'll take being the best in the east by a wide margin and get healthy down the stretch. When healthy we are no pushover and will give the west champ a run for it.

Things caught up to us yesterday. Also playing without most of our starters on defense and 3/5 of our oline didn't help. I hope no one including Gator fans think that yesterday was an indicator of our team. If you do then y'all must really suck.

VT - 6 fumbles

We are lucky

Our record doesnt indicate the truth about this team

Yesterday did

Reactions: 11 people

I'd say " good as it gets" . The coaching staff he hired and the recruiting drop off tells me this. As long as he gets 9/10 wins a year. I can live with it. I'll still complain , but that's the life for a nega

He has improved the season by 2 wins every year since being here. Let's see how this season plays out. 5-7-9-?

The season is not over with yet.

You will get bashed because it is stupid. Almost every team has games that can go either way. Are we supposed to apologize for winning them now? We could also be 6-1 using your logic or you could say that we started with 7 bowl eligible teams, what other team can say that?

Reactions: 3 people
We are lucky

Our record doesnt indicate the truth about this team

Yesterday did

I'm starting to think this. I'm just not sure why we can't play consistently like the 2nd half of the Florida game. That was a good defense we faced and the play calling and execution were spot on - where has that been??

Assuming that the Vols win out (and that's looking like a big assumption), they get the opportunity of facing this collection of orcs again.

VT - 6 fumbles

Or you know, maybe we could just be happy that we actually won those games regardless how we won it. The scoreboard is what counts, not the other teams mistakes.

Reactions: 2 people
Injuries are generally part of the game, but we have unfortunately had them occur in bigger numbers and to 3/4 of the key players on our defense. That's hard to overcome unless you have 5 star players waiting in the wings like Bama. I really think we need a new OL coach and DB coach to improve play in those areas. Our assessment of HS offensive linemen is suspect if Mahoney is a good coach. Debord was supposed to help there but it isn't happening from the tremendous drop off when a new player is plugged in after an injury. I hope we can bounce back with the extra week's rest!

GO VOLS!!!

"Based on yesterday, they aren't close". When you have as many injuries as we have, you can't expect them to "be close". Without the injuries, this team can compete with anyone in the country. Isn't there a gator board you can go troll on?

AL could have beaten our butts with their entire second string in there yesterday. Their 2s and 3s would be our starters. They play disciplined, precise, well-coached football.

Reactions: 4 people
He has improved the season by 2 wins every year since being here. Let's see how this season plays out. 5-7-9-?

The season is not over with yet.

Oh, they'll win 10 and go to Atlanta.

The rest of the schedule is cake.

My question was about the long term.

I don't know the roster as well as you all. Is there another Barnett coming? Is there another Hurd and Kamara? Malone? Etc. I don't know.

But, obviously we all know what we are chasing. We are all asking ourselves if the people in charge of getting our programs to reach that level can do just that.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back