Hurd is a waste of a Down

Look , Hurd is a trooper, he's a we need 3 yards on 2nd down or something type of back. He is not quick enough like the other two backs. He is not a player in the SEC to try and build a scheme around. He was there only because we simply had nobody else. That has changed and our offensive philosophy needs to change.

Reactions: 3 people
Personally I am in favor of giving Alvin more carries, Hurd isn't Hurd this year for some reason ,he don't look as explosive or taking contact to well like last year it was hard to take him down ,but debord is by far the problem I think as far as playing calling ,Stevie wonder could see the box being loaded all game and we never really targeted down field I am lost on this play calling and to think debord was convinced he had a chance sideline to sideline with bama is comical

Reactions: 14 people
I love Hurd....but his presence all season has been...just off. Something seems off or out of sync when he is in the game. He is in the game...the entire defense plays run all the way...just sucks for him...just don't get it.

Reactions: 4 people
Hurd has over 2400 yds during a 3 year stretch of some of the worst offensive lines in UT history. How quickly people forget him stuff arming tackles, carrying defenders for extra yardage and moving the pile. I agree that kamara needs to get the ball more. We should have them both I the backfield in most situations. Blame poor play calling, but don't blame Hurd

Reactions: 41 people
I love Hurd and never thought I'd be saying that he needs to be 3rd strong. But you have to be blind if you're still saying Hurd is a better option than Kamara and Kelly

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't believe when whomever said it last week.

I would scream it off the top of the first Tennessee building now. He's a great player/athlete. But he does not fit our scheme.

Reactions: 4 people
Because Alvin did so amazing with his carries tonight, right? I mean he did so great, let's give him Jalen's carries too. Hahaha.

You want to be mad, be mad at our Oline play and the play calling.

You're not running against a stacked Alabama box! Here's a thought, let's throw the ball. How many balls did we air out tonight to even attempt to open up the run?

Reactions: 23 people
Personally I am in favor of giving Alvin more carries, Hurd isn't Hurd this year for some reason ,he don't look as explosive or taking contact to well like last year it was hard to take him down ,but debord is by far the problem I think as far as playing calling ,Stevie wonder could see the box being loaded all game and we never really targeted down field I am lost on this play calling and to think debord was convinced he had a chance sideline to sideline with bama is comical

I agree. He seems to have lost the explosiveness when immediately getting the hand off, almost like he has to think more than just get it and go. He's just.....off, for whatever reason.

Reactions: 1 person
Because Alvin did so amazing with his carries tonight, right? I mean he did so great, let's give him Jalen's carries too. Hahaha.

You're not running against a stacked Alabama box! Here's a thought, let's throw the ball. How many balls did we air out tonight to even attempt to open up the run?

Got sacked every time

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't believe when whomever said it last week.

I would scream it off the top of the first Tennessee building now. He's a great player/athlete. But he does not fit our scheme.
A good coach designs his offense around his players. Debord continues to try to put a square peg in a round hole. Same thing with Dobbs. They try t9 make him a pocket Passer, when everyone knows that's not his strength

Reactions: 2 people

Cant throw dam deep ball. Wr are slow Debum scared to call a post

Hard to gain yards when your line can't open a hole and your OC isn't doing anything to keep Bama from stacking 9 guys in the box.

Reactions: 5 people

74 is biased because he's Jalen's uncle, but he's right. Nobody was running on Bama behind that makeshift line tonight. This thread is ignorant.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back