A few observations:

Jumper continues to improve
Still prone to mistakes but they are fewer and fewer
Plays hard every play
Was it just me but did Elliott Berry look lost
Bates never impresses
Behind Maybin and Kirkland, jumper might be our best LB

Reactions: 9 people
Elliot Berry was a major liability the last few drives of the game. That's why I was surprised CBJ didn't go for two, considering we were playing our 3rd string WLB... I was wondering how His development was going, now I know.

Reactions: 2 people
Jumper has to be one of the top Vol stories of the year thus far. From laughing stock to a quality SEC LB in a few short weeks. It will be interesting to follow his progress the rest of his career.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone realize that we had to play a 4th string OLB today???? Absolutely decimated with injuries it's amazing we held them as well as we did.

Of course Berry looks lost because they will not play others unless forced to. the reason you have so may injuries is fatigue. they won't put other players in. where were Phillips and Kongbo. they gassed their defense.

A few observations:

Plays hard every play
Bates never impresses

Do you think the coaches have noticed?

Elliott Berry is the first linebacker other than JRM that I've seen get down hill and make a tackle at the line of scrimmage. He did make some mistakes but he hasn't played much. I've been impressed with Jumper every game since Florida. Kid is playing hard.

Reactions: 5 people
Elliott Berry is the first linebacker other than JRM that I've seen get down hill and make a tackle at the line of scrimmage. He did make some mistakes but he hasn't played much. I've been impressed with Jumper every game since Florida. Kid is playing hard.

It was ran to his gap almost every time and he gave up the big plays every time. The 70 yd TD run wasn't Abernathy, it was Elliot's gap. He's limited. Not his fault, just isn't an SEC LB and won't become one, doesn't have the size.

It was ran to his gap almost every time and he gave up the big plays every time. The 70 yd TD run wasn't Abernathy, it was Elliot's gap. He's limited. Not his fault, just isn't an SEC LB and won't become one, doesn't have the size.

When did I say it was Abernathy's gap? I didn't I said he did a good job of getting downhill and making plays at the line of scrimmage. I also said he made some mistakes. Including the run you mentioned and a few others.

Elliot Berry was a major liability the last few drives of the game. That's why I was surprised CBJ didn't go for two, considering we were playing our 3rd string WLB... I was wondering how His development was going, now I know.

You must have missed Jumpers attempt at tackling Scarbourgh on that long run in the 4th. There's effort and then quitting. He quit.

Reactions: 3 people
You must have missed Jumpers attempt at tackling Scarbourgh on that long run in the 4th. There's effort and then quitting. He quit.

Jumper had been out there wrestling with 300 lb lineman all day. Were not matching size for size ever at the point of attack.

Then you throw a FRESH and fast 6'2 235 Rb at him...
He was ineffective... but he didn't quit.

Bituli should have gotten snaps at MLB. Or Bryant. Jumper had no wind, not to mention Scorborough is a freak.

A few observations:

Plays hard every play
Bates never impresses

I think it may just be you regarding Elliot Berry. Thought he played well. Both John Brice and Chris Low on The Nation tonight concurred, as did Doug Mathews this morning on his show.

For the record, Eliot had 9 tackles including 2 for loss.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought Berry played well considering he has barely seen the field, even in mop up duty.

I agree with this, and I do agree Jumper is playing hard and his best, he just isn't fast enough to get in the backfield or on the edge to make those much needed tackles for a loss. Our lack of playmakers at LB was our undoing on D yesterday. Offense is another discussion though.

I thought Berry played well considering he has barely seen the field, even in mop up duty.

I thought he showed some promise.. Give the boy playing time.. Game reps are part of development.. Look what it's done for Jumper..

Berry played ok overall, he did crash inside too too hard on a few plays when Hurt ran outside and hit the edge.

Yeah because Scarbourgh is so easy to tackle right? Jumper brings it every game and every play. He is a backup for a reason but the guy is playing his ass off and doing well.

VN Store

Back