Greatest Comeback win since.....?

nash101

I've been part of many great UT comebacks over the years from The Miracle At Southbend, Sugar Bowl comeback over Virginia, and last years over Georgia. Yesterday's comeback was special. We looked lost for most of the first half and unlike other comebacks, we didn't have that spark of hope before the half. I'll say this much, yesterday's win felt every bit as good as 1982 when we ended the streak against Alabama in dramatic fashion (I still have a piece of that goal post)

Where do you rank this comeback victory compared to others in our great history?

Reactions: 1 person
Virginia Tech. The only thing that matters right now is this season.

Since the last one.

4-0 baby. All focus on the Dawgs!

heck, that's way to hard...I saw all listed and no way I can make my mind up...I'll just say Saturday was the best...so far...:)

GO COLTON AND GO VOLS!

This comeback was especially impressive because it wasn't like UF was just giving it to us in the second half. We came out and played like a totally different team in the second half, and as I've said a lot since then, Butch deserves a ton of credit.

1998 Arkansas.

By score and emotional deficit (on the part of the fans if not the players) this is the biggest comeback I've ever witnessed.

Reactions: 2 people
Think back to the week b4 the GA game last year. It was much like this past week. Similar type game.

Both sorely needed, relative to CBJ's tenure on The Hill.

This one IS BIGGER..,but we don't feel like we do after last season w/out that win

I've been part of many great UT comebacks over the years from The Miracle At Southbend, Sugar Bowl comeback over Virginia, and last years over Georgia. Yesterday's comeback was special. We looked lost for most of the first half and unlike other comebacks, we didn't have that spark of hope before the half. I'll say this much, yesterday's win felt every bit as good as 1982 when we ended the streak against Alabama in dramatic fashion (I still have a piece of that goal post)

Where do you rank this comeback victory compared to others in our great history?

Most on here are too young to remember "South Bend" It seemed God was really on their side. But our comeback, against what was a really good team, showed that yes football really was played in the south.

Reactions: 2 people
Think back to the week b4 the GA game last year. It was much like this past week. Similar type game.

Both sorely needed, relative to CBJ's tenure on The Hill.

This one IS BIGGER..,but we don't feel like we do after last season w/out that win

Also wore gray for that game... And I believe the score was 21-3 at one point.

They have all been great..... If this team learns to put a complete game together,lookout Sec and beyond. We will be really hard to beat. Shop earning his high price tag.

Miracle at South Bend was still more of a miracle just because the deficit was greater. But that game became a nail biter. Yesterday's game was different to me because the 2nd half was just an old fashioned mud hole stomping of a rival to end a painful streak. The closest game in feel to yesterday was Bama in '82, which is the greatest game I ever attended.

VN Store

Back