I haven't seen a lot

BigBadVol

The MojoMofo
Of discussion about second half adjustments. This coaching staff deserves a huge amount of credit for half time adjustments. They have been constantly criticized for being unable to coach during games and their adjustments or lack there of at halftime. The players were put in a position to succeed and they delivered. Our coaches haven't shown a lot in previous games for some decisions but they are improving drastically. We need to have their backs regardless of how the game is going. I know everyone is tired of CBJ's cliches such as resiliency and so on but they ARE resilient. TN is becoming a very dangerous team because they absolutely refuse to quit. I give the coaches and captains all the credit for this mindset. Just my two cents.:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Players in interviews after the game revealed there were no adjustments, just coaches reminding them (probably not in a kind manner) to keep their intensity, do their jobs, execute, and one play at a time.

Anyone know what was said at halftime in the locker room. That was a completely different team that came out for the second half.

I'll have to go back re-watch to confirm my thoughts, but one of the things I noticed on the offensive side of the ball was that in the second half they went more two-back with the jet sweep motion...I think this really forced UF's linebackers to hold for a second longer and gave Dobbs more time to make a cleaner read and break a few.

Players in interviews after the game revealed there were no adjustments, just coaches reminding them (probably not in a kind manner) to keep their intensity, do their jobs, execute, and one play at a time.

I heard several of the defensive players say that there were no adjustments, just as you said. But they played markedly better in the second half. The biggest change I think I saw was an absence of #8 in our DBs.

Receivers started catching and things changed. The big adjustment was defense. It's refreshing to see.

I was cautiously optimistic about Shoop's hire and improvement to the D but not overly excited but I was very impressed with the way the D stopped UF in the second half and got after them--5 3 & outs I believe which made all the difference. I wonder why we didn't see that in the first half unless it was a calculation that we couldn't keep that up for 60 minutes. Still hard for me to believe that they really "roared back" after getting down 21 zip. I certainly hope this continues just don't see how we can keep not showing up for the first quarter or half and rely on the comeback. We have to do a better job in the first half and be consistent.

I'm not surprised this coaching staff does not make adjustments; seems odd, but, we won.

Dobbs didn't drop back as deep and got the ball out quicker. Look how close he was to the LOS when the ball comes out. Definite adjustment.

VN Store

Back