Tennessee #11 in the AP

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Not sure I completely agree.

Starting out #9, going 4-0 and beating a Top 25 team, and still not being Top 10 is a bit surprising. But I'll take it.

Reactions: 3 people
Win next week and they'll be top ten. Three teams ranked ahead of Tennessee are guaranteed to lose next week.

Reactions: 3 people

Starting out #9, going 4-0 and beating a Top 25 team, and still not being Top 10 is a bit surprising. But I'll take it.

Good. I hope we stay the last undefeated team in the polls, and even behind the one losses. All the way until we play Bama. It will help the hunger in our team. Week 4 polls are basically meaningless anyway, except as a marketing tool for the networks.

Just keep winning and the rankings take care of itself. I think going to A&M as dogs will be motivation.

Reactions: 2 people
We beat a team we were supposed to beat. Vegas agreed. We ranked above Florida. So we didn't choke beating a team who had to start their backup quarterback. Don't set your hopes too high. We still need to see this team beat an Alabama AND/OR a Texas A&M to KNOW they're a Top 10/5 team.

Reactions: 1 person

It's what I predicted this morning. I was hoping we may get a nod over Washington, but they will lose next week.
We just have to win... If we win the next 3 games we will be ranked #3 right behind Louisville and Ohio State. :)

It's what I predicted this morning. I was hoping we may get a nod over Washington, but they will lose next week.
We just have to win... If we win the next 3 games we will be ranked #3 right behind Louisville and Ohio State. :)
If we beat TAMU and Bama we will be ranked number 1 heading into the bye

I literally don't care if we're ranked or not....just take each game week by week take care of buisness win those games and look at rankings at the end of the year when it really matters. Go VOLS focus on them Dawgs

I thought we would crack the top #10 in all polls but guess I'm not very good at guessing. Shouldn't be surprised though because we always get treated wrong when it comes to the polls. We really should be either #10 or #9 but we still got a lot of work to do.

If we beat TAMU and Bama we will be ranked number 1 heading into the bye

Even if we win the next three, I still don't see the Vols jumping the winner of Clemson/Louisville, Michigan and Ohio State. The press is too eaten up with Michigan, OSU is pretty legit and could go undefeated until they face Michigan and either Clemson or Louisville would be hard to displace from the top 5.

Having said that to say this, if (big if) they go undefeated through the next five weeks, the first FBS Playoff poll on November 1st would be hard pressed to ignore an undefeated UT.

Even if we win the next three, I still don't see the Vols jumping the winner of Clemson/Louisville, Michigan and Ohio State. The press is too eaten up with Michigan, OSU is pretty legit and could go undefeated until they face Michigan and either Clemson or Louisville would be hard to displace from the top 5.

Having said that to say this, if (big if) they go undefeated through the next five weeks, the first FBS Playoff poll on November 1st would be hard pressed to ignore an undefeated UT.

Fortunes can turn a dime, can't they?

Fortunes can turn a dime, can't they?

Lucky for us, we have a down UGA next week. Louisville and Clemson play next week so one should get knocked down out of the top 10 (I say should), Wisconsin and Michigan play so one of them could drop. And Stanford and Washington play so again, one should drop.

With a win at UGA, the Vols will move into the top 10. Maybe around 8 or so with a lot of attention around the ATM game.

I gotta disagree. If we defeat two top 10 teams and we're sitting at 11 right now, we'll be 1 or 2.

I encourage you to look at the voters and how they voted and you'll see why polls are absolute crap. Few writers had us around 15 or 16 AND had Ole Miss and Oklahoma ahead of us in the polls. One guy was from SC and another from FL... No bias there...

If we play like we did in the 2nd half we can beat anyone in the country.

100% agree. i said it all night and ill say it more today, the tennessee defense in the 2nd half was the best defense ive seen all year with maybe alabama being the exception. Shoop is probably the best in the country at half time adjustments. If im remembering correctly weve given up only 21 points in 4 seconds halves combined. thats filthy, downright filthy. 319 yards to 11 advantage over florida in the second half until their long td drive. And an underrated factor is our special teams defense is so good that we make guys who are normally solid make terrible decisions and plays. Callaway is lucky he didnt hand us 7 points on the fumble then fielded the last one on the 2...

I thought we would crack the top #10 in all polls but guess I'm not very good at guessing. Shouldn't be surprised though because we always get treated wrong when it comes to the polls. We really should be either #10 or #9 but we still got a lot of work to do.

we needed arky and ucla to pull the upsets. hard to jump other quality teams when theyre taking care of business.

Lucky for us, we have a down UGA next week. Louisville and Clemson play next week so one should get knocked down out of the top 10 (I say should), Wisconsin and Michigan play so one of them could drop. And Stanford and Washington play so again, one should drop.

With a win at UGA, the Vols will move into the top 10. Maybe around 8 or so with a lot of attention around the ATM game.

Agree. I predicted 10 this week. We take care of business and we can't be denied.

VN Store

Back