Difficult Road to Atlanta

CroKev

The Oldest Sport
Well, we did the most important thing - we beat the Gators. We also should beat the Dawgs. Assuming we beat the rest of the SEC East, it's still going to be difficult.

We play the 2 best West teams - #1 Bama and ATM might be as high as 8th this week. On the other hand (as far as West teams), UF only has to beat LSU and Arkansas, both of whom lost this week. UGA played Ole Miss yesterday (we saw how that went) and has shaky Auburn at home.

Even if we beat both UF and UGA, the odds of us making it to Atlanta are still slim. Chances are we'll have two losses at the end of the season and so will UGA (after losing to UF) but UF could still be in the driver's seat with one loss. I have a feeling all of us will be watching UF playing Arkansas at Fayetteville on Nov. 5 (if LSU cannot do the job in Gainesville).

Of course, we could not worry about this by just beating at least one of ATM & Bama. Or then again, let's just wax 'em both and control our own destiny!

Reactions: 3 people
Well, we did the most important thing - we beat the Gators. We also should beat the Dawgs. Assuming we beat the rest of the SEC East, it's still going to be difficult.

We play the 2 best West teams - #1 Bama and ATM might be as high as 8th this week. On the other hand (as far as West teams), UF only has to beat LSU and Arkansas, both of whom lost this week. UGA played Ole Miss yesterday (we saw how that went) and has shaky Auburn at home.

Even if we beat both UF and UGA, the odds of us making it to Atlanta are still slim. Chances are we'll have two losses at the end of the season and so will UGA (after losing to UF) but UF could still be in the driver's seat with one loss. I have a feeling all of us will be watching UF playing Arkansas at Fayetteville on Nov. 5 (if LSU cannot do the job in Gainesville).

Of course, we could not worry about this by just beating at least one of ATM & Bama. Or then again, let's just wax 'em both and control our own destiny!

We're fine.

In Baton Rouge they have a saying: "You just don't lose to Florida."

Reactions: 4 people
Not catching any break in that bammer and TA&M are the best 2 teams in the west,,, Right Now.

We should be able to make it to ATL just fine but I'm still not convinced that we will because we haven't seen a full game from this team yet. Long way to go before we are a legit contender for the SEC. We've played about 5 quarters of really good football and 11 of the kind that won't win you a title. Need 60 mins out of this team from here on out.

Reactions: 1 person
If you want to grantee Atlanata...win 2-3 the next three. But sat I'll decent chance to get their at 10-2. We will see!

UT should make it to Atlanta, even if they lose to ATM & Bama. Fairly likely UF loses another SEC game. I think Arky will beat them.

Last edited:
Georgia plays Florida which will eliminate on of them. If we beat Georgia and Georgia beats Florida, we are in.

With this team and our penchant for having let downs, I'm not thinking beyond the next game. It's UGA and nothing else. We don't win that one and we've dug a huge hole for ourselves in the east. Get UGA. Nothing else matters.

If we beat UGA next week we'll essentially have a 3 game lead of them since they already have a loss....if that happens they're done.

As far as Florida, we now have a 2 game lead over them. They're a good team, but they still have 4 SEC games that could trip them up....if they lose any of those we'll have the same advantage over them that we have over Georgia.

I don't know man, gotta disagree here. We beat Georgia next week and are odds of making the SECCG are anything but slim IMO. If we're 5-0 this time next week, we're firmly in the drivers seat.

We win all of our games we will still need help.

If all these teams go undefeated we will be on the outside looking in.

Louisville
Ohio State
Stanford
Houston

Tennessee

Louisville
Ohio State
Stanford
Houston

Tennessee
No we won't. Not if we beat bama and tam, and then beat one of those two again in the secc.

Louisville
Ohio State
Stanford
Houston

Tennessee

The committee would never leave out an undefeated SEC champion, in that particular scenario. Or even a one loss SEC champion.

Im more interested to see how Florida responds if LDR is out another week or two.

As much as they talked and to lose like they did it prime candidate for a hangover provided they don't play Utah Correctional Hair Care and Tire Center.

You'd have to think one of: Louisville, Houston, or Stanford would get the cold shoulder.

*** I think Michigan gets OSU

Louisville
Ohio State
Stanford
Houston

Tennessee

Couldn't care less about the Playoff right now. Immediate goal is getting to Atlanta and if we beat UGA next week we're firmly in the driver's seat.

Louisville
Ohio State
Stanford
Houston

Tennessee

Completely false, even if it were possible which it isn't.

VN Store

Back