Buying or Selling - Post Florida Game

IBlvNTmWrk

Dawn of a New Day
This was the type of game or event (much like Black Monday) where people either lost a little money, or lost a lot of money, based on their ability to stay calm and weather the storm. And especially after the first half, and reading many posters' comments, there were a lot of people selling. So let's get started with the obvious...

Colton Jumper: Buy - numerous fans have been short selling on Jumper since last season, and especially after DKjr got hurt, and now it's time to take your significant loss. I don't think anyone is claiming Jumper is as physically gifted as Kirkland, but yesterday proved that he is a more than capable MLB for this team. Congrats to this young man for stepping up.

Dobbs: Hold -> Buy - After having a horrible 1st half, having numerous passes dropped and also making a few bad decisions and throws, Dobbs came back in the 2nd half like the true gamer he is. As McElwain said, "he'll be glad when Dobbs is no longer on this team".

Jennings: Buy -> Strong Buy
- Jajuan's catch early in the 2nd half going up over the LB was a major spark to ignite the fans and the team. This guy plays with passion and it shows.

Malone: Strong Buy - Josh is having a great season so far, and I don't see that changing. He's proving himself to be a "go to" receiver and a definite downfield threat.

Wolf: Hold - as much credit as Ethan deserves for that fabulous 2nd half catch in the endzone, it only makes up for his drops in the 1st half which keeps him in a neutral position.

Hurd: Buy - nothing but determination in everything he does. And he does it consistently never... taking a play off.

Tyler Byrd: Buy - Buying on Byrd is like having the early opportunity to buy Google stock. Sure... there might be a little risk, but the risk is no where near the potential upside of this young man.

OLine: Soft Buy
- as the line gets healthier, and a little more experience playing together with some of the recent changes, there is optimism this group can gel and get the job done.

Barnett: Strong Buy - the guy put the defense on his shoulders and helped turn the game in the 2nd half. Will enjoy watching him play on Sundays next year.

TKjr: Strong Buy - he's a gifted athlete physically, and also very intuitive in reading an offense... both before the play starts and especially once the play is underway.

Buchanan: Buy - fans should consider Baylen much like Byrd. He could be something special in our secondary.

Shoop: Weak Buy -> Strong Buy - one of the best "in game" coaches I have witnessed. Consider that this guy lost 3 of his top employees (Sutton, JRM, and Kirkland) and still produced one of the best defensive games in a long time.

Debord: Sell -> Soft Buy - Anyone who can put up 35 points and nearly 400 yards of offense against the UF defense... just in the 2nd half... has to see his stock rising. I'm still not sold that he is a long-term hold, but give the man his due from yesterday's game.

CBJ: Neutral -> Soft Buy - Similar to Debord, I'm a cautious buyer at this point and want to see more positive results. That said, I think Butch deserves a tremendous amount of credit for staying calm before and during this game (especially the 1st half), which I think was critical in getting the players to play more relaxed in the 2nd half. There is no doubt many of the players were tight in the 1st half and it showed. Butch seemed to remain relatively calm during the chaos, but his actions at the end of the game no doubt revealed what he was truly feeling. There was a lot of pressure on that game, and yet he stayed calm and persevered. One might say that he was resilient.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think Debord is a buy yet I would like to see him put another game together first.

I've bought Butch since their first signature win against USCjr in his first year. That was the moment where I was like "If we give this man some time, he's going to bring us back to competing for and perhaps winning championships".

VN Store

Back