What we learned on 9.24.16

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
Josh Dobbs
He is the heart and soul of this team. We will go as far as Dobbs takes us.

Let. Dobbs. Ball.
He has to find a rhythm. He has to be allowed to throw, run and throw some more.

Let Team 120 ball.
Turn these guys loose for the rest of the year and get out of the way. Trust this team!

This team brought Volmaggedon to the Gators. E'erbody scurred now!

Reactions: 4 people
We learned we can take this season and make it ours but it has to be carefully managed. You turn it lose against Ohio and you probably lose that game with recklessness and then lose Florida too.

We learned this team has grit. Last year they would have packed it up and called it a day at half time. Couldn't be prouder of our guys. Now let's go get UGA

Reactions: 1 person
I think Dobbs takes some time to get going with the season and with some games. I think we found an offensive line.

We learned to milk the clock in the first half like most teams try to do in the second.

Our second half defensive adjustments are clutch.

I'm hoping to see Martin bounce back. I don't know what it is that makes me feel for the kid. Perhaps it's that his screw ups were so big, in turn so publicized being center stage. At least with Jumper the commentators and the casual fans didn't notice as much. Jumper had an outstanding performance! We all here saw him as a weak link, which he deserved that perception with his previous attempts. But man he showed up yesterday! Guess it goes to show he needed to make those mistakes and gain that experience. Which is another reason I believe in playing our future #1 leader of the team at QB. We have no option but to go with a different QB next season. I'm not saying pull Dobbs out to make way so much, even tho I'm not crazy about Dobbs skill set at times. I just don't like not having a QB with little to zero college experience jump in if he goes down, or put the future of next season on his shoulders if we can help it. I believe in letting a player fight thru their slumps, but also not letting them continue thru those slumps if it's hurting them more as well. Sometimes the opponent just has there number, and a change up could help:/.

And it was great to see Barnett come alive again. Last year he was hindered due to his help being injured. Yesterday he became beast mode like his freshman year.

The game started very bad like it has for awhile. Despite what pumpers want to claim we were justified in being highly concerned. Then the second half we looked like a different team. That goes to the coaches for making the adjustments needed. I've been critical of them a lot, but I will give them that. We've seen Shoops make the changes in each game to make the right corrections, and he continued. The offense tried to let it fly all game, and that's what I've been wanting. WR made drops, but Dobbs also made some bad throws, so it was on both. Hopefully the second gives them a big boost in confidence, and the coaches a big boost in their confidence with the players. I believe neither have fully been sold on that.

Overall dispute the poor start the whole team, and the coaches deserve an A. They made a huge turn around against a team that was dead set on not letting the streak die. They man handled them in the second half, showing yet again the way they can perform. As far as performance going forward, hopefully we see the same play from the second half continue. Keep getting better with the passes, and also the receptions. This will open the line up more for Hurd and Alvin so that this offense will be unstoppable. Then we also can always count on Dobbs elusiveness when needed, but that should never again be our go to. The last big thing I can think of is let's see the elite/killer instinct from the coaching staff with the play calling when we are up early on in the game. We haven't seen that monster yet, we did plenty last year. We cannot do the vanilla play calling and hurt our deffense like that when they are keeping us in it. That hurts them big time.

Again, all positives after this win. Keep up the momentum, keep growing as a team, coaches included. Job well done.

Last edited:
There is only one way to beat a Butch jones Tn team....let TN take a 17 point lead.

You go up on Tn, you tie Tn, or you give Tn less than a 17 point lead going into the third quarter and you will lose.

Butch jones doesn't want to beat you. Any one can win a game.

Butch jones wants to give you the game, let you feel the victory, think it's over, and then rip out your soul.

We learned butch is raising a bunch of soul eating bi-polar sociopaths.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back