*****Butch Jones on ESPN after Tennessee's 38-28 win over the Florida Gators (video)

When asked about what he said at halftime, I liked Butch's response. Paraphrase: "I told them that if not for a few drops, we'd be right there with them. I also told them that we will get right back into this game one play at a time."

I'm using that with my team at work this week!

Reactions: 1 person
When asked about what he said at halftime, I liked Butch's response. Paraphrase: "I told them that if not for a few drops, we'd be right there with them. I also told them that we will get right back into this game one play at a time."

I remember thinking ... "this guy has lost his mind. They might hang 50 on us and run us out of here". He was right. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people

He put it on his players and kept the focus off of Florida. That was key bc Florida wanted to talk trash and milk the 2nd half. As he said, the plays were there in the first half (hard to tell for most of us given the execution) we were just beating ourselves. It's true. Florida has been playing mind games with us for years. I remember one year when they asked a Florida player about the game plan against TN he responded (paraphrasing) "just stay in the game, let them come out strong then get ahead of them in the 2nd half and they'll quit." Pretty sure Florida thought we'd quit after that lead and nobody blamed them.

Reactions: 1 person
This was a well deserved win for Butch Jones as he has done just about everything off the field with passion and dignity. Congrats Coach - PROUD to be a VOL!!

Reactions: 3 people
Well I saved it on my computer but if I try to put it on fb or twitter it just looks like a picture.

VN Store

Back