Crow supper being served for

This whole eating crow thing is so ridiculous. The team played like hot garbage for 3 games and 2 quarters and was justifiably roasted on VN for it. Butch turned it around in miraculous fashion in the 2nd half and the team came away with an incredible win, one that I hope everyone is enjoying thoroughly. I give Butch full credit for what happened yesterday and it might be a turning point for the program....might be. So you can keep your crow, OP.

Reactions: 21 people
This board seems to have much less hate on it today. All I see this morning is us playing Bama twice now.

This board seems to have much less people on it overall. It's like people just come here to trash the coach and if something positive happens they leave.

Reactions: 9 people
This whole eating crow thing is so ridiculous. The team played like hot garbage for 3 games and 2 quarters and was justifiably roasted on VN for it. Butch turned it around in miraculous fashion in the 2nd half and the team came away with an incredible win, one that I hope everyone is enjoying thoroughly. I give Butch full credit for what happened yesterday and it might be a turning point for the program....might be. So you can keep your crow, OP.

I second this.

Keep throwing the ball like you did yesterday and we are gonna be hard to handle!

Reactions: 2 people
This board seems to have much less people on it overall. It's like people just come here to trash the coach and if something positive happens they leave.

There are some of those.

The two people sitting beside me left in the 2nd quarter. I was embarrassed for them. Me and my dad couldn't believe it.

So do this.. Pick a negative thread started during the game yesterday and then find a negative comment from a person.. For instance "buck futch'.. Click said persons username and read their comments.. Very funny.. Their tune changed drammatically.. Spent way too much time reading this, this morning.. 😃

Good win by the vols. I'll take beating the gators any day of the week. However, Florida is not even close to being the Florida of old. They aren't very good nor is the rest of the east. So hold off on your crow. Look at ga vs ole miss. Ga will give us all we want and they got drilled by a top ten not A top 5 team. If we win out with a close loss to either al or tam but not both, I'll eat my crow but I don't see that happening.

Reactions: 1 person
:whistling:

Me sitting there in the first half. I stayed and cheered as hard as I could throughout though. Man it was great.

Agreed. The first half performance was worthy of criticism. I'm sure the coaches and team agrees. Absolutely thrilled with the second half and what I've seen in terms of determination and passion along with adjustments. No crow for me.

i will eat my crow well done. I was down on CBJ by how they played against sub par teams and barely won. After thinking about it maybe that was good and it taught them how to finish a game. But i still think we were lucky to beat appalachian state on the fumble recovery by Hurd in the end zone. If the Vols could play an entire game like they did the 2nd half against Florida, i don't know if any team in the country could be them. GO BIG ORANGE

You won't even own up to it. Your ridiculous, go root for vandy.

Reactions: 10 people

You are not coming across as objective in the least. He may have some on the job learning to do, but one thing this program hasn't done is digress in the win column under Butch. Every single year has been better than the previous, thus far. You are simply coming across as a troll at this point.

Reactions: 11 people

This.....

Not to mention dude is about 17 hours late. Everybody already did that.

Good win by the vols. I'll take beating the gators any day of the week. However, Florida is not even close to being the Florida of old. They aren't very good nor is the rest of the east. So hold off on your crow. Look at ga vs ole miss. Ga will give us all we want and they got drilled by a top ten not A top 5 team. If we win out with a close loss to either al or tam but not both, I'll eat my crow but I don't see that happening.

UT loses to UGA Saturday and the east will be wide open but we'd still have aTm and Bama left. If UT wants a real leg up, they must beat UGA. Lose next week and all we really have is the end of the streak and a head to head tie break with UF.

I'll admit I didn't think we could win this game and I'm usually supportive of the team. I went and watched my grandson play instead of watching the first half(his game was scheduled to start at the same time,doesn't do that often). When I got home I was like here we go again. So I guess I will eat mine well done.

Everyone could see the performance and said "hot garbage". The difference is a select few can't hold it together emotionally long enough to obtain a proper sample size and wait for the outcome.

Om nom nom, how's it taste? Just a little bitter? I can tell lol

Reactions: 1 person
I'll own up to being wrong. Gladly.

However... I echo Fade's thoughts. The team was trash against App State, they were trash against VT and trash against Ohio. They were sleepwalking through the schedule and looked to have completely regressed. No focus, poor execution and playcalling was atrocious. This isn't Year 1 or 2 or 3. This is Year 4, folks. Azzani has been here all 4 years as has Mahoney. The inconsistencies at WR (drops, poor routes, poor blocks) and OL ... issues are squarely on them. 4 straight games now the team has started very slow and groggy. I put that squarely on the entire coaching staff.

Need we remind everyone Florida (with a 2nd string QB) had 300 yards at the half and Tennessee couldn't score from the 3 yard line with 4 chances?

Tennessee looked completely lost. Tennessee looked like it took not just 1 but 2-3 steps back from 2015. They got down on themselves with drops or miscues. That's not a good thing to see. If anyone needs a refresher... start looking at the game thread from around page 8... 12 is when it gets good (failed 4 downs after fumble recovery).

Then the team we all expected to see finally showed up. Getting down happens, look at Bama versus Ole Miss.

If anyone here was looking at the first 3 games and how we played through the first half and said "we got this, we're still in it" I honestly say they're lying.

Now. I'm happy the team we should have had all year finally showed up for 30 minutes. Until this staff proves that wasn't a drop in the bucket and they can crank out that sort of performance week-in-week-out ad not just intermittently, I'll be on board.

I'm not fully on board still. I'm happy with the win as it's been a very long 11 years and the last 20 have honestly sucked for us against them. However, I'm not any more optimistic about the year. We just got 30 minutes of what this talent is capable of.

Reactions: 8 people
If we beat GA Saturday, the East is ours, regardless of what happens with AtM and Bama.

If we play full games like the second half last night, I think we finish the 4 game stretch 3-1 at worst.

VN Store

Back