Colton Jumper Crow Thread

LordVOLdemort

Drive-By Expert
Kid played phenomenal coverage on TEs and RBs, led the team in tackles with 8, 4 solo, and 1 PBU.

From last year's game to this year's game, he has made a great turn-around and proved a lot of Volnation wrong.

I'm having my serving of crow this morning, who's with me?

Reactions: 23 people
I had a double helping of it last night, I thought the kid's 3rd and 1 stop on the gator RB was one of the turning points in the game.

Reactions: 5 people
Had my doubts at first. But there was a reason he started last season. Last night he stepped up and proved it.

Reactions: 3 people
What are you guys talking about? This guy is only even on the team because his daddy is the CEO of SIGNiX and donates money to the University.

Reactions: 4 people
He whipped the Florida Gators and put the hose in they mouths. Jumper and the coaches put they hoses in mine too, but in spite of my sore jaw I'm eating a big breakfast of crow this morning to go with my coffee and Volnation reading. :zeitung_lesen:

Glad to say I have kept my mouth shut about Jumper. I was dubious but the dubiousnesses are gone. lol

Reactions: 2 people
He was also was very active getting the defense lined up last night. Solid game for him.

Yes, he played a good game last night. But, one decent game doesn't make up for all of those horrible horrible plays that he has given up. He pretty much single-handedly cost us the Oklahoma game last year, so I'm sorry but I'm not eating crow on Colton just yet. Props to Colton Jumper on a damn good game last night, though!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
What are you guys talking about? This guy is only even on the team because his daddy is the CEO of SIGNiX and donates money to the University.
While that may be true, there have been many, many superior athletes over the years who were unable to put they hoses in the mouths of the Gators. Jumper jumped all over them and shoved it down they throats balls deep.

I never was down on the kid.He always gave it all he had but last night he played his best game and will be a real asset the rest on the way.

Yes, he played a good game last night. But, one decent game doesn't make up for all of them horrible horrible plays that he has given up, he pretty much single-handedly cost us the Oklahoma game last year, so I'm sorry but I'm not eating crow on Colton just yet. Props to Colton Jumper on a damn good game last night, though!

I would lose to Oklahoma 10x to beat Florida and end the streak once. A lot of curses got broken last night.

Yes, he played a good game last night. But, one decent game doesn't make up for all of those horrible horrible plays that he has given up, he pretty much single-handedly cost us the Oklahoma game last year, so I'm sorry but I'm not eating crow on Colton just yet. Props to Colton Jumper on a damn good game last night, though!

Does your wife often tell you that you never apologize?

Reactions: 7 people
He was probably told either put up or shut up. When the second half started with Bynum and Bates and McDowell on the field and not him, I'd imagine he decided it was time to stop acting like a member of the officiating crew and start hitting somebody. He played great in the second half. Super glad to see Dillon Bates, Gavin Bryant, and Bituli (on the goalline?) in the game.

Yes, he played a good game last night. But, one decent game doesn't make up for all of those horrible horrible plays that he has given up. He pretty much single-handedly cost us the Oklahoma game last year, so I'm sorry but I'm not eating crow on Colton just yet. Props to Colton Jumper on a damn good game last night, though!

That was last year ma'am

Reactions: 4 people
I would lose to Oklahoma 10x to beat Florida and end the streak once. A lot of curses got broken last night.

Heck, I hope he comes out balling and beats Kirkland Jr out for the starting position!!! But, one game doesn't make you an SEC caliber anything. And I wouldn't!!! You're basically saying you would lose the whole season if we just beat Florida this year.

He did whiff on that first touchdown. But as the game went on, I have to say I was impressed. I remember him maneuvering the D-Line one down and thinking, I'm glad he's out there rather than some freshman who doesn't have a clue. I've said some pretty terrible things about Mr. Jumper (the name sounds like a character from a Beatrix Potter book), including that we should go to a base nickel without a MLB. But I have to say, as I saw him make multiple tackles and seemed to always be hanging out with the ball carrier, that I was wrong. Eatin' Tennesee crow for Breakfast!

MAD PROPS to JUMPER!!! Kid played an awesome game...is this proof he reads volnation?...lol...anyways....really proud of this team...also love Dobbs leadership!!!....this game reminds me of georgia game last year...man these kids will fight to win!!!..I love it...also hope the coaches realize that Dobbs has targets to throw the ball some now!!!...GBO!!!!!!

Told my wife as the game started that I was sorry in advance for Cussing Colton Jumper all night. Then he went all beast and had the game of his life. I'm going to do the same thing every week from now on. I'm Jumper's lucky charm. :)

Heck, I hope he comes out balling and beats Kirkland Jr out for the starting position!!! But, one game doesn't make you an SEC caliber anything. And I wouldn't!!! You're basically saying you would lose the whole season if we just beat Florida this year.

We don't play the same team 10x in one season, SMFH. I would lose to Oklahoma every year that we eventually play them 10 in a row to beat Florida or Alabama. Conference games and rivalry games matter more.

But if you don't feel you owe this kid a little crow eatin' then by all means, move on to the next thread. This is for ppl that do feel they owe him. I am one of those ppl. You've played the devil's advocate card. We get it

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back