How did Verne & Gary handle it today?

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
For curiosity's sake, I have a feel for what those two magpies were promoting the 1st half with all the UF accolades. But for those watching the game on CBS how did they handle the pivot and our domination of UF at the end?

Verne mentioned the streak about 400 times...... And made his normal numerous screw ups.....Danielson was puffing Florida until Jennings made the long TD catch

Reactions: 4 people
I always thought that after we finally won a game they called I would feel differently about them, and maybe actually like them, but I was wrong.

Reactions: 26 people
First time ever that I didn't hear Verne mention Tebow. Maybe I was up getting a beer though when it happened.

Reactions: 12 people
I could be wrong, or just missed it, but this is the first time in a decade that I don't remember them needlessly mentioning Tebow.

Reactions: 2 people
]Verne mentioned the streak about 400 times.[/B]..... And made his normal numerous screw ups.....Danielson was puffing Florida until Jennings made the long TD catch

Only a slight exaggeration. I got so sick of hearing about 11 years. Not just because I'm a Vol fan but does anybody like hearing the same thing repeated over and over? It's annoying.

"Hey Verne, we get it! Now, think of something else to talk about during stops in play." - Me

Reactions: 1 person
Verne mentioned the streak about 400 times...... And made his normal numerous screw ups.....Danielson was puffing Florida until Jennings made the long TD catch

bull ****v ..they both did better then any game they have call for us in the last few years.

I hated listening to them the last few years..today..good.

hold your grudge when it is needed.

Reactions: 5 people
I felt that no matter what TN did they were not impressed even with a lead. At the end it seemed Verne was not happy with the result. No mention of tebow or urban Meyer.

Well Verne said with 3:30 to play "Taint over" then he identified the Tennessee Waltz as the UT Alma Mater. :eek:lol:

I'm sure Verne and Gary found it an entirely new experience to leave the press box after a big Tennessee win. They've called a LOT of UT games, and lot of them have been losses.

the dude is old, he spent his life doing what he loved..retiring after this year.

he admitted he messed up and was on the job a long time.

these new generation devices have ruined the thought process..

#****history

go back..listen to John Ward in his older days...spoiled punks

#period

Last edited:
Verne takes an exceptionally long time to pronounce "Cronkrite". That's the main thing I got out of this game today.

I felt that no matter what TN did they were not impressed even with a lead. At the end it seemed Verne was not happy with the result. No mention of tebow or urban Meyer.

I'm your head. Danielson seemed like he almost expected us to come back and win. They called a fair game today imo

Reactions: 3 people
Gary pumping the vols? I turned those clowns off during the 1st quarter because I was tired of hearing Gary sing UF's praises and his assessment of Big Teeth being a great hire at UF and could be the best coach in the east ended it for me. Vern and Gary = Volume turned off and vol network and Bob calling the game. For those of you that can't stand Bob Kesling, he's light years above Gary and Vern. Hate CBS and we got stuck again at the 3:30 spot this week. They will sing UGA's praises until UGA doesn't have a chance in hell to win and then they will give UT credit or explain how UGA gave the game away which they did today also. Vern is great at golf (due to time between shots to get the info right) but in real time he doesn't have a clue and tired of listening to him correct himself and then laugh it off. Enough is enough. Wish We could dictate when we played and on what channel. I'd take Greg or even Todd Blackledge over these clowns. Biggest question is how do they have room in the booth with their shoes? Not to mention their noses and bikes with horns. Clowns, both of them!

Reactions: 2 people
Liked it when Gary said this was Astro's, Dak Prescott step up to the next level game; just hope he's right.

Verne has a great voice which is the only positive for me, but sometimes he literally doesn't know what he's saying and ends up making some really odd sentences.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back