Todd Kelly: 'We just took their soul, really."

kamoshika

As the third quarter rolled on into the fourth quarter, Florida had six consecutive drives that looked like this: three-and-out, three-and-out, three-and-out, three-and-out, interception on first down, 3-and-out.

At the same time, Tennessee scored 28 points. Tennessee could smell blood in the water.

“It’s sic’em. That’s what you want,” Robertson said of what he thought when he kept seeing Florida’s demeanor. “That’s what you play for. That’s what you grind for, to have that moment when you have an opponent winded or whatever it is and just being able to seize that opportunity.”

Added defensive lineman Danny O’Brien, “When you get to the line and look at them dudes across from you and you can see the look in their eyes that they don't want to block you, you know you have them. We just kept coming at their ass all night.”

Junior safety Todd Kelly Jr. went a little further.

“Coach Jones teaches us how to read body language and we looked at the other side and knew we had them beat, to be honest,” Kelly Jr. said. “We just took their soul, really.”

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/a-tale-of-two-teams-6

Reactions: 68 people
As the third quarter rolled on into the fourth quarter, Florida had six consecutive drives that looked like this: three-and-out, three-and-out, three-and-out, three-and-out, interception on first down, 3-and-out.

At the same time, Tennessee scored 28 points. Tennessee could smell blood in the water.

“It’s sic’em. That’s what you want,” Robertson said of what he thought when he kept seeing Florida’s demeanor. “That’s what you play for. That’s what you grind for, to have that moment when you have an opponent winded or whatever it is and just being able to seize that opportunity.”

Added defensive lineman Danny O’Brien, “When you get to the line and look at them dudes across from you and you can see the look in their eyes that they don't want to block you, you know you have them. We just kept coming at their ass all night.”

Junior safety Todd Kelly Jr. went a little further.

“Coach Jones teaches us how to read body language and we looked at the other side and knew we had them beat, to be honest,” Kelly Jr. said. “We just took their soul, really.”

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/a-tale-of-two-teams-6

Good grief, this is what I've wanted to hear from our players for so, so long.

Reactions: 26 people
Good grief, this is what I've wanted to hear from our players for so, so long.

I remember hearing a similar quote from Barrett Jones about the Vols back in 2011 or so. He said he could see the team's body language and could tell that they had quit.

Like you, I wanted so bad to see the Vols turn the tables for once. Tonight it happened to a hated rival.

Reactions: 3 people

That gave me chills
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEDL7dCxWvs[/youtube]

It reminds me of what Tony told Apollo in that clip. No matter how much they hit us we just kept coming after them. We weren't going to be denied. We were going to win no matter what

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I think

We
Gonna
Steal
They
Souls

even better than the highly quotable WGWTFA.
Well done.

Reactions: 1 person
What was with Florida's conditioning? I've never seen them struggle with heat

I don't really understand what happened. First half we overpowered your oline. Your receivers couldn't breathe. Dobbs looked weak and indecisive.

Second half everything turned. Weird

Reactions: 2 people
I was surprised to see the field temp at Ole Miss was 95 and Neyland was 108. Not that I think it's hotter here than in Florida but it was warm today.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't really understand what happened. First half we overpowered your oline. Your receivers couldn't breathe. Dobbs looked weak and indecisive.

Second half everything turned. Weird

That was a crazy turn around. It was almost liken FL decided everything they were doing in the first half needed to be changed.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back