Butch mis-understood!

basspond

Butch said the players could have folded when they heard the boo's at halftime. They were not booing the players, they were booing the coaching decisions and play calling. It was also "Fulmeresque" to be down three scores and let time run off the clock without trying to run a play or trying to score. Don't pit the fans against the players. I don't believe the fans have ever!!! booed the players.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
Also the case could be said for your view. Boo's effect the whole team regardless who they are pointed too. Maybe you just want to misunderstand to have something to complain about.

Butch didn't drop those passes and we were in the red zone 4 times with only 3 points. It's not like they were coaching bad.

Reactions: 18 people
This hatred towards fans is hilarious. VolNation is one of the largest, most supportive fan bases in all of college sports. And the booing was, in my view, the coaches. Gotta perform. The talent is there. The experience is there. Expectations, as a result, are there. I am elated with this win but I really hope there isn't any animosity thrown at UT fans. It's undeserved if so. The fans were there vs Oklahoma last year and, after that disappointment, were there at Georgia (when we were 2-3). I was at the UGA game. It was nuts. Any griping at the fans should be met quickly with some "no sir, not going to let you spin that" real quick!

Reactions: 13 people
You'll never direct a boo. They all feel it. The players and coaches are one team. No matter how you feel, you're booing them all.

Reactions: 8 people
If you were booing you are an energy vampire. We need energy generators for our VOLS to feed from. Yell, scream, cuss all you want but please no booing.

Reactions: 6 people
Then stop booing the coaching staff! He made the absolute right call. If Hurd breaks a bigger run there then you try something, but it didn't happen so you don't do anything stupid. It was the right call.

Reactions: 4 people
How can any real football fan watch what happened in the third quarter and question coaching, Butch or his offensive system. Players must make plays. Without the first half drops This is a complete blowout.
We had some young players grow up on D tonight.

Reactions: 6 people
This hatred towards fans is hilarious. VolNation is one of the largest, most supportive fan bases in all of college sports. And the booing was, in my view, the coaches. Gotta perform. The talent is there. The experience is there. Expectations, as a result, are there. I am elated with this win but I really hope there isn't any animosity thrown at UT fans. It's undeserved if so. The fans were there vs Oklahoma last year and, after that disappointment, were there at Georgia (when we were 2-3). I was at the UGA game. It was nuts. Any griping at the fans should be met quickly with some "no sir, not going to let you spin that" real quick!

Wait a sec you just posted an epic hatred towards a poster and his positive post. Didn't you say that you were going to call him out after the loss? You referenced he was double sided. What are doing right now?

Butch said the players could have folded when they heard the boo's at halftime. We were not booing the players, we were booing the coaching decisions and play calling. It was also Fulmeresk(sp?) to be down three scores and let time run off the clock without trying to run a play or trying to score. Don't pit the fans against the players. I don't believe the fans have ever!!! booed the players.

it doesn't matter who fans were booing. the players heard it. they did the same as the last 3 games came out fighting, got the win and the negavols are silenced and regretting. i agree, enjoy the 4-0 record that butch jones and the players have given us fans and shut up. half time negavols....take a deep breath it'll reduce that unnecessary blood pressure rise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Butch said the players could have folded when they heard the boo's at halftime. We were not booing the players, we were booing the coaching decisions and play calling. It was also Fulmeresk(sp?) to be down three scores and let time run off the clock without trying to run a play or trying to score. Don't pit the fans against the players. I don't believe the fans have ever!!! booed the players.

You do realize they got the ball at their own 10 with 40 seconds ..... Right? Good grief at the football IQ regularly demonstrated on VN

Reactions: 3 people

I see that your original pro-butchie quote was changed to "gfy"....which must've happened after I quoted you (although it was someone changed in my post quoting you). You're a shill and POS. The original I knew, the latter I suspected. But you're definitely both, butchie boy lover.

I've called you and your shill brethren out before. But now the pro-CBJ tide will turn violently against him so others will start to call you out, too. I suggest you change your screenname, shill.

Hypocrite much?

Reactions: 4 people
Butch started his press conference with a rather dickish move: He scolded the media (and others) for talking a lot this past week about what a must-win game it ws for him and the program. He seemed to take offense at that.

I generally like the guy--but he's becoming yet another coach who can't handle, doesn't like criticism and who is going to crack on people who aren't sufficiently optimistic or boosterish about the team. I'm beginning to dislike that attitude of his. He's another guy who doesn't understand either the media or fans.The media's job is not to blow kisses to our, or any other, football program. This is big-time sports, Butch: if you can't take some flak you are in the wrong industry. Now go have a beer and relax, man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Butch started his press conference with a rather dickish move: He scolded the media (and others) for talking a lot about it being a must-win game for him and the program. He seemed to take offense at that. I generally like the guy--but he's becoming yet another coach who doesn't like criticism and who is going to crack on people who aren't sufficiently optimistic or boosterish about the team. I'm beginning to dislike him as he's another guy who doesn't understand either the media or fans. This is big-time sports, Butch: if you can't take some flak you are in the wrong industry.

Saban jumps on the media too.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back