The Official #14 Tennessee vs. #19 Florida Game Thread, 3:30 pm ET, CBS

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
#14 Tennessee Volunteers: 3-0 (0-0 SEC)

9544890-ncaa-football-ohio-tennessee-850x560.jpg

vs.

#19 Florida Gators: 3-0 (1-0 SEC)

floridanorth-texas-watch-luke-del-rio-get-knocked-out-of-game-martez-ivey-ejected_nMoq01ToE.jpg.images

3:30 PM ET, September 24, 2016
Neyland Stadium (102,455), Knoxville, TN

Weather: 91 degrees / Precip: 2%
Line: UT -7
O/U: 43

Vol Village: Noon ET
Vol Walk: 1:15pm ET
Gates Open: 1:30pm ET
Band March: 1:50pm ET
Kickoff: 3:30pm ET

TV: CBS
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius Ch. 106 // XM Ch. 190
Online:

12108729.jpeg

Reactions: 3 people
Following its 28-19 win over Ohio on Saturday, Tennessee has now won nine consecutive games dating to the 2015 season. It is the longest UT win streak since the Vols won 14 in a row, spanning a 13-0 1998 season to a victorious first game in 1999.

A win on Saturday would give the Vols their 12th double-digit winning streak in program history. The win streak is also the longest of Butch Jones' career.

Reactions: 1 person
Saturday marks, to the day, the 95th anniversary of Tennessee's first-ever game at Neyland Stadium. The Vols defeated Emory & Henry, 27-0, in the venue's opener on Sept. 24, 1921. On opening day, the new stadium had 3,200 seats in 17 rows on the west side of the field.

Saturday's game vs. Florida will be the 597th game that UT has played at Neyland Stadium. The Vols hold a 456-123-17 record at the iconic setting.

Reactions: 2 people
• Saturday marks the 46th edition of the Tennessee-Florida rivalry. The Gators hold a 26-19 edge.
• It is the first meeting between the programs since 2012 in which both teams enter the game ranked and unbeaten.
• ESPN College GameDay will be on hand for Vols-Gators for the eighth time, tying it for the show’s most covered rivalry alongside Florida-Florida State.

Florida quarterback Luke Del Rio is averaging 254 yards per game and has six touchdowns on 61.4 percent passing, but left the game against North Texas with an injury. He is unlikely to play against Tennessee.

Austin Appleby is expected to fill in for Del Rio at quarterback. He started 11 times while at Purdue before transferring to Florida in January.

Florida features a three-headed rushing attack of Mark Thompson, Jordan Scarlett and Lamical Perine. All three carried the ball 11 times and rushed for at least 57 yards and a touchdown in last week's win over North Texas. Each of them are averaging between 53.7 yards and 58.3 yards per game.

Honestly. Truly believe that we will wreck them tomorrow. Call it whatever. But my gut is telling me we win tomorrow. Not just win...we dominate. Team 120 plants its flag tomorrow. This is the first message that says hey Bama... We are coming for you. We win the next 3... But drop one to either aTm or dreaded Bama. My fear is that this season ends up like the year Auburn beat us in the regular season and the championship. Regardless... As far as tomorrow.

#WGWTFA

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Im really nervous about this game. This is a game we can easily win. Then I think of what we have on the sideline and in the booth and I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach

Reactions: 5 people
Oh wow, it is really here. Can't wait for kickoff (I think). I've had a feeling of trepidation all week and can't shake it. Almost don't want to watch because I'm scared of the possible wreck coming based on 11 years of misery. GBO

Honestly. Truly believe that we will wreck them tomorrow. Call it whatever. But my gut is telling me we win tomorrow. Not just win...we dominate. Team 120 plants its flag tomorrow. This is the first message that say hey Bama... We are coming for you. We win the next 3... But drop one to either aTm or dreaded Bama. My fear is that this season ends up like the year Auburn beat us in the regular season and the championship. Regardless... As far as tomorrow.

#WGWTFA

I'd love for you to be correct, but I'm not so sure.

Im really nervous about this game. This is a game we can easily win. Then I think of what we have on the sideline and in the booth and I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach

I'm getting more confident as the game approaches.

#WGWTFA

Vols win big

Reactions: 3 people

We have to win the turnover battle. Josh Dobbs has to take care of the ball. We do this, I almost want to guarantee we will have a chance to win it in the fourth quarter.

I think the best defense on the field could be ours, specially when we get cam back. We won't have him, but our Def line is nasty.

Gonna be a gut wrenching close game I think. I wish they would pull a tech and just give us the ball 3 or 4 times, that would be real nice.

I'm getting more confident as the game approaches.

#WGWTFA

Vols win big

Me too but I'll be working so I won't be able to watch it. Honestly I'm kinda glad because if we lose I don't have to waste my time. If we win it'll be recorded and waiting for me when I get home. It's hard not to be nervous but I have this feeling we unleash hell tomorrow and beat the brakes off of them.

VN Store

Back