Offensive Line Coach Replacement?

Volatility

Clown World.
So it's no surprise that our OL is not meeting expectations. I'm curious to see if there's anything that can be done with the OL coach? Can we find a new one? If so, who should we go for? Or is the OL coach purely at the HC's discretion?

I have a feeling that a certain DC was replaced because of a certain 4th down play that caused much embarrassment to the HC. It happened in the offseason. I'm no Miss Cleo, but I would suspect there will be a performance review done at season end and perhaps a similar outcome will happen.

Reactions: 8 people
I have a feeling that a certain DC was replaced because of a certain 4th down play that caused much embarrassment to the HC. It happened in the offseason. I'm no Miss Cleo, but I would suspect there will be a performance review done at season end and perhaps a similar outcome will happen.
I agree

Reactions: 1 person
We all know Doolander didnt recruit any OL but what has Jones done besides Richmond (who has yet to show much) --- as to the OPs ? -- make a big offer to the Ole Miss OL coach -- seems he has done a great job there replacing last seasons line

Butch said he was grading every coaches performance last year.

We all know Doolander didnt recruit any OL but what has Jones done besides Richmond (who has yet to show much) --- as to the OPs ? -- make a big offer to the Ole Miss OL coach -- seems he has done a great job there replacing last seasons line

Jack Jones,Chance Hall,Wiesman,Boulware...the three freshmen from the past class? Lot of potential physical talent and more on the way. Since his hire, I've maintained Scott came here with his eye on the OL coach spot. Former OL himself and coached the unit at USF.

Reactions: 3 people
How realistic is it that we actually get a new OL coach at the end of the season though?Assuming they don't make a miraculous improvement over these next four weeks.

This performance review should of been done after yr 1 with this clown, not 3 years later. Mahoney sucked from the minute he walked on campus. His best staff in America slogan was nothing more than a joke.

We have no say and no insight as to what the problem really is. Give the season a chance to play and then see what the only person with any say does.

So it's no surprise that our OL is not meeting expectations. I'm curious to see if there's anything that can be done with the OL coach? Can we find a new one? If so, who should we go for? Or is the OL coach purely at the HC's discretion?

You are blaming the wrong guy.

This is Jones' offense. He appears to delegate more on D but they do what he wants and how he wants it done on O.

Jack Jones,Chance Hall,Wiesman,Boulware...the three freshmen from the past class? Lot of potential physical talent and more on the way. Since his hire, I've maintained Scott came here with his eye on the OL coach spot. Former OL himself and coached the unit at USF.

You forgot Mosley.. oh wait, he and Boulware apparently just take up space on the sidelines... Jack is doing a nice job along with Hall, hopefully Wiesman and Richmond can finally get a coach to properly develop their talents.

If Mahoney is shown the door Butch will just move Debord to Oline and promote Sheridan to full-time assistant.

If Butch doesn't fire Mahoney, he himself needs to be let go for being stubborn.

Someone has probably already said something about this, but after the last three games I am wondering something. Are we seeing the results of why our S and C coach was fired? Both lines are getting pushed around and we are seeing too many injuries... isn't that S and C stuff? Maybe Butch saw the problem and tried to fix it... just too late.

You are blaming the wrong guy.

This is Jones' offense. He appears to delegate more on D but they do what he wants and how he wants it done on O.

He doesn't coach the OL or any offensive position. If you want to bash a coach, maybe you should start with the coach who coaches the position. I guess that is too logical for some.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back