3rd Down Songs...Pick 3

VOL Campbell

Tennessee Saturday Night
I was just listening to RTI podcast from yesterday and they were talking about Third Down for What. Then they started rattling off a list of songs that could be used to get everyone pumped up. Thinks like Jump Around and Enter Sandman. As I agree those songs get people fired up, I was thinking there could be something much more creative and different to get people screaming.

So what would your Top 3 song ideas to get our D jumping up and down ready to ball?

I'm putting my list together and will post shortly, interested to see what others pick.

Magic Carpet Ride. May not be appropriate but it will describe this season. GO VOLS!!!!!!

I dislike third down songs. I want people screaming their lungs out on third down, not dancing in the stands.

Good point and they brought that up also. I agree with you, that or even the band, but generating crowd noise is the idea. Helps build that crowd noise to a crescendo to maximum output.

How about every third down we stop the game and let the band play Rocky Top all the way through with or without "Woo's"

If you like pinacoladas, hooked on a feeling, and ooh child things are gonna get easier (don't remember the name of that song)

Reactions: 2 people
POTSLB already plays a powerful excerpt from Holst's Mars when the Vols D makes a play that puts the opponent on their heels. Third down music extraordinaire.

Reactions: 2 people
There's something that's been heard for many seasons

It's called Rocky Top

Maybe you've heard it before..

Perfect. Rocky Top on repeat all day long. That way third down, touchdowns, extra points, running on the field, running off the field, in between quarters, TV timeouts, regular timeouts, when we win, when we lose....everything is Rocky Top.

Really glad you're not calling plays on the sideline.

Reactions: 1 person
orange blossom special

or just let our band play the opposing teams fight song to anger our defense....

VN Store

Back