*****2016 VolNation Season Pick Contest: Week 1

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Guys, welcome to the 13th annual weekly pick contest, which will last the entire season and consist of 13 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted on Sunday (or Monday at the latest). I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Contest Home: 2016 VolNation Pick Contest

Week 1 Entry (be sure to hit refresh each week if you see last week): ENTER YOUR PICKS

Don't forget to enter the pick-the-score contest for Appy State: http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...ficial-pick-score-contest-appalachian-st.html

Reactions: 11 people
I hit refresh and it's still showing wacky match ups

*edit: worked when I clicked on enter your pics from the main page

Last edited:
I hit refresh and it's still showing wacky match ups

*edit: worked when I clicked on enter your pics from the main page

Yeah, sorry. I had the entry for last years contest linked in my first post. It's fixed now.

Yeah, sorry. I had the entry for last years contest linked in my first post. It's fixed now.

not sure if the picks went through - I didnt get an email afterwards - is that normal or should I redo it ?

iu

Reactions: 2 people
Hey Freak. I've never really noticed before, but had just assumed your listings were "team X @ team y" meaning the team on the right would be the home team. However, at least in the current listing, there doesn't seem to be any consistency as to who the home or away teams are.

Perhaps this isn't a big deal, but thought I would at least point it out as some of these games may be so close that home field is clearly a consideration.

edit: nm... actually the following ESPN website has some of the listings incorrect as they are showing NC and BYU playing at home.

Obligatory ESPN hates Freak's VN pick'em contest.

NCAA College Football Odds and Daily Lines - ESPN

Last edited:
Submitted my picks, but never saw the box to check for Email confirmation. If its there, it is not in the same location as last year ( just below the total points)

did it over and still no email ?

Last year, I never got a single email notification even though I selected "Email Confirmation".

Be sure to take a screen shot of your confirmed picks in case there is an issue.

I had zero issues with my submissions last year, other than I suck at picking the winners. :)

Last year, I never got a single email notification even though I selected "Email Confirmation".

Be sure to take a screen shot of your confirmed picks in case there is an issue.

I had zero issues with my submissions last year, other than I suck at picking the winners. :)

Did you type you're right email? Ha

Did you type you're right email? Ha
You wouldn't believe how many times I typed it then had my wife check it and my user name.

I know the email works. I got a couple from the mods over the past 12 months. :)

VN Store

Back