Question about Bristol seating

ericberry4heisman

Certified OG
I've got six tickets in Darrell Waltrip - E, row 11. After seeing the setup on the webcam I am a little worried that I am too low to see the other side of the field and see over the buildings that are in the infield. Does anyone know if this will be a problem for these seats or if it should be alright?

TIA.

Don't worry. About 80% of fans will not be able to effectively see the game on the field. Other than saying you attended this game, there is really no good reason to watch a football game in this venue. Just enjoy the atmosphere!

Reactions: 2 people
Don't worry. About 80% of fans will not be able to effectively see the game on the field. Other than saying you attended this game, there is really no good reason to watch a football game in this venue. Just enjoy the atmosphere!

Yep, live in the moment at the game, enjoy the atmosphere, and DVR the game. With HDTV and the dozens of cameras at games nowadays, it will always be a better viewer experience to watch at home on TV, but they can't bring the ambiance of a game like this into your living room.

Also, the field is being built up and elevated several feet above the regular surface so I'm not sure how that impact the view.

I've got six tickets in Darrell Waltrip - E, row 11. After seeing the setup on the webcam I am a little worried that I am too low to see the other side of the field and see over the buildings that are in the infield. Does anyone know if this will be a problem for these seats or if it should be alright?

TIA.

You'll be fine, Bristol is in a bowl. Will the view be great? No but you will be able to see.

Reactions: 1 person
Hi Volsfan, I heard Bruton was having a retractable roof installed. Is that still the case?

I'll hang up and listen.

TIA.

I have been there and had seats that low. You won't have any issue seeing over things, but you won't be able to see because it is so far away. The track has about a 30 degree bank, and the lowest row of seats are about 15 feet above the high side of the track. You are going to be probably 75 feet above field level.

False. At least 99% of fans will have no trouble seeing all of the field.

False. At least 99% of fans will have no trouble seeing all of the field.

Having actually been to the track while empty, with a clear view of the painted outline of the field and moving around to various spots, you're 100% correct. The views are surprisingly not that far, and the giant TV screen helps things a lot.

l would love to be there. Would be an amazing experience to be part of a 150,000+ crowd, but I just have a feeling it's one of those games where the viewing experience will be better from my living room.
I would go if anyone wanted to give up some free tix though :crazy:
Hope you guys have an amazing time and cheer our Vols on to a Big Orange win!

I wondered about the view seeing the webcam and how far the first row behind the wall will be from the field. Are they putting seats on the track as well??

I wondered about the view seeing the webcam and how far the first row behind the wall will be from the field. Are they putting seats on the track as well??

There are seats on the track on the sideline...not in the end zone. The end zone seats will be at least 100 yards to the closest goal post.

The view won't be great, but it will not be as bad as people are saying. Plus the jumbo screens are amazing. I was there for the race last week and couldn't believe how big they were and how clear the picture was.

The view won't be great, but it will not be as bad as people are saying. Plus the jumbo screens are amazing. I was there for the race last week and couldn't believe how big they were and how clear the picture was.

That's what I was hoping to hear. They don't seem that big from the pics but pics don't always tell the whole story.

Yeah but you're a gator and a lawyer. Not exactly where one would go for advice about the real world. Looks like I'm talking to myself. Nothing new LOL.

Last edited:
There are seats on the track on the sideline...not in the end zone. The end zone seats will be at least 100 yards to the closest goal post.

Actually, it looks like they're installing sets of bleachers just off the end of the astroturf, at both ends of the field:

BaB%20-%20Day%209%20Activity.png

Circled in red. On the far end, they only have the right half started so far.

Hard to see in this screen capture, but look for yourself with the web cam. Pretty sure those are bleachers.

p.s. Use this cam link, it seems to have better resolution: Bristol Motor Speedway Project - Construction Cameras Provided by EarthCam (with thanks to Dono for finding and sharing it!).

Last edited:
Actually, it looks like they're installing sets of bleaches just off the end of the astroturf, at both ends of the field:

BaB%20-%20Day%209%20Activity.png

Circled in red. On the far end, they only have the right half started so far.

Hard to see in this screen capture, but look for yourself with the web cam. Pretty sure those are bleachers.

I think that's correct. I was referring to seats on the track in the end zones...those would be blocked. The ones circled in red will be primetime.

I think that's correct. I was referring to seats on the track in the end zones...those would be blocked. The ones circled in red will be primetime.

Yeah, I've wondered if the very first set of seats in the permanent bleachers at the ends will be able to see over the buildings. Hard to tell from any of the camera angles provided so far.

VN Store

Back