Welcome back Dale Jones w/ appy state

Charles Davis mentioned this on Doug Mathews' show today. Said he knew the great Vols fans that he knows would give Dale a huge ovation that he deserved. Also brought up the same play you did, the great pick vs Bama in '85.

Reactions: 5 people
Charles Davis mentioned this on Doug Mathews' show today. Said he knew the great Vols fans that he knows would give Dale a huge ovation that he deserved. Also brought up the same play you did, the great pick vs Bama in '85.

That is the only Vols victory over Bama that I have witnessed in person.

Reactions: 2 people
Were you in the fight across the street at Tide and Tiger? :rock::rock:

No, but we were driving around in a van with the sliding door open asking all of the Bama fans if they had seen our very hammered buddy while also being rather obnoxious winners.

Reactions: 2 people
Dale wasn't the fastest or the biggest but he gave his all for UT.

I always thought that if he'd been given a chance in the nfl. He'd made a name for himself.

I remember watching him play while the strike was going on and he really looked the part while playing.

Reactions: 1 person
Dale Jones is a prime example of VOL football. Hope fans show him appreciation Thursday night...then give Appy a BIG ORANGE thrashing! :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
A young Dale Jones blowing cigar smoke in a young Bob Kesling's face during a locker room celebration in 1985.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 1.40.22 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 1.40.22 AM.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 7 people
I would imagine Dale will get a standing ovation. Will be disappointed otherwise. I know I will be standing for him. Great VFL.

Wood-Art-TIGMA-2.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Dale Jones is the one that brought the "Today I give my all for Appalachian State" theme to App State football. The sign is beat up now from players hitting it as they leave the locker room.

Dale definitely loves his Vols. There's no question that he's a VFL! Can't wait to be in Neyland in 4 days!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back