Hurd vs T. Henry

BACKDOC

Was watching a Mike Griffith facebook live vid. a couple of days ago. He said that he would like to see more bulldog in Hurd this yr. At this point he liked Travis Henry better; more bulldog. What do ya'll think?

Reactions: 1 person
Was watching a Mike Griffith facebook live vid. a couple of days ago. He said that he would like to see more bulldog in Hurd this yr. At this point he liked Travis Henry better; more bulldog. What do ya'll think?

Hurd is not close to Henry. He needs to improve his balance, lateral movement, burst and overall power to surpass Henry. Hurd is slowed by contact a lot more than he should be considering his size.

Reactions: 6 people
Only cause he's been running sideways 100% in this scheme. Mixing in some downhill running with the offset I is going to pay major dividends for Hurd especially.

Reactions: 6 people
Henry was a beast , Hurd is Tall.

You Don't think he is a Beast and will be a better pro? Hurd has always shown talent and discipline and aggressiveness made its a little more deceptive cause he is tall but Hurd is more discipline about the game and gives more effort on and off the field.

Reactions: 2 people
Cheese was a load of a man with exceptionally strong legs and his pad level was super low. Hard to get lower or get a clean hit on him. Balance is the best I've ever seen..

Hurd is a good back, but not in Henry's class, imo..

Reactions: 13 people
At this point I have to give the nod to Henry. Henry could stiff arm and shed tacklers like he was super human. Hurd still has a season left, hope he changes my mind.

Hurd is better than Henry. Is the only sophomore in the history of UT to break 1k rushing yards in a season and will break Henry's all time rushing record this year. He's bigger, better pass blocker, great vision, and can catch out of the back field.

Henry's career 5.5 ypc say different. As do the 100 more carries Hurd had his soph year than Henry...

Compared to Hurd's 4.7...

Two different running styles. Henry was a bulldozer. Unstoppable in college

Different for sure.

I seem to remember Florida State doing a solid job against him.

You were better than him in College.

Hurd is better than Henry. Is the only sophomore in the history of UT to break 1k rushing yards in a season and will break Henry's all time rushing record this year. He's bigger, better pass blocker, great vision, and can catch out of the back field.

Henry shared the backfield with Jamal Lewis and Travis Stephens...maybe you have heard of them.

I think Pure down hill runner Henry is better. I think Hurd is more complete in terms of where the game is now at the college level. He has great hands and fits this system well...however, I would love to see him an I formation with Dobbs under center.

Reactions: 3 people
Henry's career 5.5 ypc say different. As do the 100 more carries Hurd had his soph year than Henry...

You're about to get the o line argument but you don't have to have a good o line to see that Henry was a better back up to this point.

Reactions: 3 people
Henry. Not as athletic as Hurd per se IMO but ran with more power and better balance. You just couldn't tackle the guy.

I don't think you can compare the two. We ran a deifferent offense back then where backs got to be a little more down hill. This offense seems to be more side to side and then find a hole and burst. I also feel like the offense line back then might have been slightly better

I would take, Henry, Lewis, Stephens, Riggs, Garner, and Hardesty over Hurd at this point.

Agree. Hurd may end up with the most rushing yards in UT history, but that doesn't make him the best back..

Had Chuck Webb had a healthy 3 year run here, the record would be unapproachable...

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back