ESPN nice story on Tee Martin

Interesting - makes it easier to understand/accept some of his decisions that did not make sense to me at times (passing up some assistant coaching positions). Also highlights how important Peyton was to get Tee to come to UT in the first place, and also how much he learned from him.

USC Trojans Tee Martin charts his own course from Mobile to Tennessee to Los Angeles

Tee did so much for UT. The hate is ridiculous.

National Championship QB and he gets treated like an outcast.

Reactions: 15 people
Where do you see Tee getting so much hate? Also, it's unfortunate that his career had to follow Peytons, thats just unfair.

Read the article. He came to Tennessee to learn from Peyton.

Not to mention he won a National Title the very next year after Peyton left.

And in the article, Peyton praises Tee.

I'm super proud of him. He'll be coaching against the best defense in CFB (Maybe) when USC takes on Bama.

Yes the hate is everywhere on this board. But obviously he's made some wise choices.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe my favorite quote in the article

"I've been very close to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, too, but just had the wherewithal to know, 'It's time to go ... right now. Like not five minutes from now, right now.' And being strong enough to follow through."

That's real.

I love him and Peyton both.

Reactions: 5 people
Appreciate his contribution to the '98 National Championship Team but he cashed in his VFL card after his comments about Hurd....

Maybe this is why Tee has been a little snarky with his Hurd comment and TN interview:

"Tennessee, among others, turned him down for GA opportunities."

I wonder why Fulmer passed on giving Tee a coaching opportunity around 2005?

The term "hate" is overused. It is a word designed to bring out emotion instead of logic. Tee Martin upset some people. Some were offended. In order to be offended, he had to matter to them. If you don't matter to me, you cannot offend me. Disappointed? OK ... upset? OK ... hate? NOPE!

Reactions: 5 people
People act like he told CBJ to f off he didn't want the job. He and his significant other decided they wanted to stay in LA. Worked out better for him as hes now the OC, I doubt very seriously he would have held that title here under Jones.

Where do you see Tee getting so much hate? Also, it's unfortunate that his career had to follow Peytons, thats just unfair.

You really don't have to wait long for the scorned ex-girlfriends to come out of the woodwork whenever Tee's name is mentioned around here.

I wonder if his comments about Hurd...gave Hurd even more motivation...?

While the comments on Hurd were bad, I can't really blame him for having a little resentment against us. He won us a NC and we treat him like a redheaded stepchild compared to Manning. We threw him to the wolves when he got investigated by the NCAA for improper benefits, and then we apparently wouldn't even hire him as a GA. Despite all that, the man still says he's a Vol and Rocky Top is his song when someone tries to introduce him to USCs fight song. Cut him some flipping slack.

Reactions: 4 people
Appreciate his contribution to the '98 National Championship Team but he cashed in his VFL card after his comments about Hurd....

He has done more, and will continue to do more, for our university then 99% of this board ever has. You are a small small man.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back