Checker Neyland

FlVols

Long time Member
Any idea when the assignment of colors will be made for the Florida game? How will they be communicated?

Here's some really nice CN wallpaper if interested

kjk3toO.png

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know why some on Volnation complain when talks of checkerboarding Neyland come up. IMO, this tradition should have started a long time ago. It looks amazing.

There are a few that like to wear orange to the games but are required to wear white. Other than that the rest that don't like it, I don't get either.

My suggestion is take one for the team, I had to wear white to the OU game.

Reactions: 2 people
There are a few that like to wear orange to the games but are required to wear white. Other than that the rest that don't like it, I don't get either.

My suggestion is take one for the team, I had to wear white to the OU game.

Word. Also it's only one game a year. Maybe they will end up alternating the color pattern at some point. It just looks to good not to do it for one key home game a year.
If we beat Florida while Neyland is checkered they should do it every year for Florida.

I don't know why some on Volnation complain when talks of checkerboarding Neyland come up. IMO, this tradition should have started a long time ago. It looks amazing.

If you zoom in on that score board you will realize real quick why some (including myself) dont really care for it. Looks great but im sick of gimmicks, just freaking win!

Reactions: 1 person
If the team wears Smoky Gray's vs UF do we follow through with Checker Neyland? Most fans will break out the gray gear for one game and that's the game that we wear them in... Think it may not turn out as well if the team wears the grays.

Heard they're doing the #shakeneyland thing on the same day... That's gonna either look weird, or awesome.

I wish that we would play Florida straight up and win. Then save Checker Neyland for Bama. Just my $.02

PS I would also be down for Checkerboarding Neyland for Florida then Chinese Checkerboarding Neyland for Bama.

If you zoom in on that score board you will realize real quick why some (including myself) dont really care for it. Looks great but im sick of gimmicks, just freaking win!

Agree. It does look amazing but it diminishes the uniqueness of it if it gets done every year.

I'd like to see both Checker Neyland and "shake" Neyland, but for two different games and both only once a year for differing opponents each year.

Checker Neyland is one of the most awe-inspiring sights on all of college football; how can it not be done each year? Also, other SEC teams successfully "shaker" their stadiums so I have no reason to believe it can't be done at Neyland as well.

My opinion has been clear on the gray---I can easily do without it altogether. The key word here folks is opinion; I realize not everyone shares my disdain for the gray.

I wish that we would play Florida straight up and win. Then save Checker Neyland for Bama. Just my $.02

PS I would also be down for Checkerboarding Neyland for Florida then Chinese Checkerboarding Neyland for Bama.

Florida brings about 5000 fans
Bama brings about 15,000-20,000 fans.

VN Store

Back