Make or Break : The Florida Game

Dougie_D

With all this hype around the program I really feel like if we LOSE to Florida, our confidence will be shaken and we might not recover. We might lose 5 games after that. Seriously.

If we we WIN the Florida game, we might only lose 1 game after that (Bama or TX Am). We would have finally beat the streak which would catapult our confidence even higher.

Reactions: 2 people
We must win its that simple for the mental side of it, but I think we as fans are worried about Florida much more than our players!

Reactions: 8 people
Idk if I necessarily agree. The last 2 years for me has been pressure (and Im not even on the team) to win that game, but now if UT loses again Im like "o look, lost to UF again" and I will move on knowing the team can still rebound cuz they did last year and still have a shot at winning the East.
I know that sounds backwards, but last 2 years when UT lost i knew they would have an avg season and not be good. This year I feel like this team will still be good and they know how to win now. I think there's less chance of losing this veteran team than last year if they already put on a showing against VT. They aren't going to beat everyone and I think they lose 2. Its not a shocker to me if 1 of those is to Florida.
Im just not buying that if UT doesn't beat Florida its 99% positive they suck. Sign of things to come, likely, but not end of the season.

Reactions: 3 people
Florida is a must-win this year.

It's a must-win for 2016 Tennessee.

It's a must-win for the Butch Jones Era.

It's a must-win for Tennessee Football in general.

Reactions: 8 people
giphy.gif

I'd say Tennessee beats FL pretty bad this year. Dispite the hype and noise surrounding this game, I say the Vols triumph in a beatdown!! GBO!!!

The Florida game is very important for team 120, but so are many of the SEC games that the Vols must win to silence the critics......but yes the Vols have to end the streak just for their own mental health, but that's much much easier said than done.......says the past 40 years
Go Vols

UF is just one of 8 must wins to be guaranteed a trip to the SECCG. No more or no less important than the other conference games. Media and fans build up the rest of the b.s. surrounding it.

Florida is the most important game. It sets the tone for the season. I will probably quit VN if we blow it again

Reactions: 3 people
With all this hype around the program I really feel like if we LOSE to Florida, our confidence will be shaken and we might not recover. We might lose 5 games after that. Seriously.

If we we WIN the Florida game, we might only lose 1 game after that (Bama or TX Am). We would have finally beat the streak which would catapult our confidence even higher.

Yeah. If UT loses to UF, they could go onto lose to Bama, Georgia and Texas A&M, to finish 8-4.

For UT to win the East and to get 10 wins this season beating UF is a must.

SOS-- same old story.

UF-- definite must win for SEC or NC hopes.

Butch will go on the hot seat if we blow another lead for 3rd year in a row.

Florida is the most important game. It sets the tone for the season. I will probably quit VN if we blow it again

What? Don't you want to come on here the next day and see 90% of this board say it's not that bad, the team is still young, it's not the coach's fault, UF was the better team so we shouldn't have expected to win, how we can still have a good year by beating UK and Vandy, and how 8-4 is a perfectly reasonable record for a coaching staff making close to $10,000,000 a year?

Reactions: 4 people
Idk if I necessarily agree. The last 2 years for me has been pressure (and Im not even on the team) to win that game, but now if UT loses again Im like "o look, lost to UF again" and I will move on knowing the team can still rebound cuz they did last year and still have a shot at winning the East.
I know that sounds backwards, but last 2 years when UT lost i knew they would have an avg season and not be good. This year I feel like this team will still be good and they know how to win now. I think there's less chance of losing this veteran team than last year if they already put on a showing against VT. They aren't going to beat everyone and I think they lose 2. Its not a shocker to me if 1 of those is to Florida.
Im just not buying that if UT doesn't beat Florida its 99% positive they suck. Sign of things to come, likely, but not end of the season.

100% disagree, you lose UF and the whole thing unravels.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back