Kahlil McKenzie lost the weight, but now he must improve his pad level

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...-weight-but-now-he-must-improve-his-pad-level

After changing his offseason dietary habits — who could forget his great quote, “If you put McDonald’s in your body, you’re going to perform like McDonald’s.” — the former No. 3 overall recruit lost over 50 pounds in the last year.
Down to around 305 now, the svelte sophomore feels “more explosive” and doesn’t “get winded as easily.” Coach Butch Jones raved about McKenzie’s transformation, saying, “Night and day how far he’s come.
“His body has completely changed. He’s invested in his body. He’s able to finish plays more. His football stamina has increased, his strength has increased.”

I expect K Mac to take over games this season. Dropping all that weight should make his stamina night and day better

Go Vols

Attachments

• 14034921_10154478095204743_4674110410072870782_n.jpg
    14034921_10154478095204743_4674110410072870782_n.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: 6 people
https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...-weight-but-now-he-must-improve-his-pad-level

After changing his offseason dietary habits — who could forget his great quote, “If you put McDonald’s in your body, you’re going to perform like McDonald’s.” — the former No. 3 overall recruit lost over 50 pounds in the last year.
Down to around 305 now, the svelte sophomore feels “more explosive” and doesn’t “get winded as easily.” Coach Butch Jones raved about McKenzie’s transformation, saying, “Night and day how far he’s come.
“His body has completely changed. He’s invested in his body. He’s able to finish plays more. His football stamina has increased, his strength has increased.”

I expect K Mac to take over games this season. Dropping all that weight should make his stamina night and day better

Go Vols

Who is that between kmac and Kelly?

Mckenzie apparently has tremendous pride and will do his best, to be the best he can be, you can't ask for more than this.....here's to his success at this level and beyond
Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
It looks like K-Mac has done everything right concerning his diet and weight room workouts...

Pad level and the use of his hands will be the key issues he needs to develop in order to dominate....

He's gonna draw double-teams in the 4-3 during obvious passing downs, but the key will be whether he will be explosive off the snap and get enough penetration to make tackles for loss on running plays...

TFL is how DT's are measured for effectiveness, not sacks.
I would hope that he could explode thru blockers and those little creases in the OL like Daylon Mack from aTm....If he is truly able to perform like that dude--our D gonna be special! :salute:

raw

I had to do a double take because when I first watched that I wondered why McElwain was working the drive thru. Then I realized it was just a woman with the same haircut.

14671026.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Swain says KMac is in a battle to start. Still learning, still trying to get better and make his mark. Great attitude and worked harder than any other Vol in the offseason.

Swain says KMac is in a battle to start. Still learning, still trying to get better and make his mark. Great attitude and worked harder than any other Vol in the offseason.

Battle to start?

If KMac doesn't have a starting spot already locked up by now then this is a big time disappointment.

I'm sorry but we gotta start talking BUST if he can't beat out mediocre talents like Danny O'Brien and Kendal Vickers as a sophomore.

This is a VERY BAD development.

Battle to start?

If KMac doesn't have a starting spot already locked up by now then this is a big time disappointment.

I'm sorry but we gotta start talking BUST if he can't beat out mediocre talents like Danny O'Brien and Kendal Vickers as a sophomore.

Calm down Hoss I'm willing to bet he starts come Thursday

Battle to start?

O'Brien and Kendal Vickers have improved and worked very hard.....so this is not bad development D4H, quit bashing players that give their all for the Vols

Kinds of make you wonder if Dooley was feeding the players a lot of McD's. The difference in player speed since Butch took over is astounding.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back